"Japan, one of our favorite countries" Japan by tompt
Japan Travel Guide: 19,316 reviews and 53,179 photos
In 1992 we were able to visit a fascinating country in the east. One week in Japan. It is not enough. The Japanese world is so different from our European that it took all week to get used to it. The customs, the food, the language, the people it is all different. I didn´t know how to eat with chopsticks, I didn´t know it is a custom to buy one bottle of beer for the two of us, and so on.
The written language is to difficult and I felt so stupid to stand in front of a train not knowing if this train was stopping in the city I want to go to. But it was an experience that I didn´t want to miss. One day we will go to Japan again, and try to understand more about this country.
From the 27th of August until the 16th of September 2001 we visited Japan again. This time we made a three week tour with a dutch tourgroup, Djoser http://www.djoser.nl This dutch tourcompany organises the transport to Japan, the lodging and the transport to the hotels. The rest of the time you are free to do what ever you want. I think it is a great way to travel. The boring tasks are done by them and saved us a lot of time. And we are able to see the sites we wanted to see, not only
the sites where all tourists go to. The only down side is that we stayed only in the cities that are big in tourism.
We travelled from Tokyo through the Japanese Alps, south to Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
In the spring of 2003 we had another chance to visit Japan.
From Osaka where we attended a VT meeting, we went on to Kyoto. From there to the japanese alps where we stayed in Ogimachi, Takayama, Shin Hotaka and Takato. From Takato we went to our last stop: Tokyo.
This trip was organised brilliantly by the dutch travelagent: Passaat reizen.
More about them: http://www.passaat.nl
More info on Japan :
JNTO, japan tourist info - http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng
Japan guide - http://www.japan-guide.com
Japan Atlas - http://web-japan.org/atlas/index.html
If you have time please visit our city pages:
- Osaka, a modern city with a great aquarium.
- Tokyo, the capital of Japan
- Kyoto, a former capital and maybe the most cultural city of Japan.
- Takayama, a very tourist minded small city in the Japan alps.
- Takato, the town to see cherryblossom.
and please visit our travelogues:
- All over Japan, a travelogue full with things that we noticed, some are funny or strange for a non-japanese.
- More Japan, a travelogue with things we saw in Japan.
- Japan all over, in this travelogue we have some tips and pics about staying in a japanese hotel.
The other travelogue titles speak for themselves...
Yokohama is a city south of Tokyo. It can easily be reached by train from Tokyo. Yokohama has a large china town, where... more travel advice
All over Japan you will see this koinobori (carp streamers) flying in the wind. Flying carp streamers are traditional... more travel advice
tompt's Related Pages
Japan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LAND AND NATURE OF JAPAN"
- "Japan has, what you've never experienced"
- "Nihon sugoi desu! (Japan is wonderful!)"
- "High Culture & Modernity"
- "Japan, My Friends, Our Trip...."
- "Paul's Journey Through Japan"
- "Tadaima!! (I came back!!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Japan
- Hotels in Japan
- Transportation in Japan
- Nightlife in Japan
- Restaurants in Japan
- Shopping in Japan
- Warnings and Dangers in Japan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Japan
- 211 Reviews
- 637 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Japan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Japan
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (60)
Top Japan hotels
- Tokyo Hotels
- 3920 Reviews - 9251 Photos
- Osaka Hotels
- 848 Reviews - 2363 Photos
- Okinawa Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 40 Photos
- Narita Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 237 Photos
- Shinjuku Hotels
- 84 Reviews - 256 Photos
- Nagoya Hotels
- 398 Reviews - 1054 Photos
- Takayama Hotels
- 119 Reviews - 396 Photos
- Hakone Hotels
- 100 Reviews - 372 Photos
- Hiroshima Hotels
- 368 Reviews - 898 Photos
- Nikko Hotels
- 236 Reviews - 612 Photos
- Fukuoka Hotels
- 257 Reviews - 463 Photos
- Sasebo Hotels
- 119 Reviews - 209 Photos
- Nara Hotels
- 221 Reviews - 909 Photos
- Otaru Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 152 Photos
- Kobe Hotels
- 183 Reviews - 547 Photos