"Louisiana; history, culture and nature" Top 5 Page for this destination Louisiana by tompt
Louisiana Travel Guide: 6,190 reviews and 11,827 photos
Driving through Louisiana along the mighty Mississippi river in october you can't miss the coton. Because of the rich soil along the river many cotton plantations are located here. Cotton is the white gold. It is grown here for centuries. First with the help of slaves, later it was mechanised. In the summer you can enjoy the flowers in the cotton plants. They start yellow and become red. After the flower they devellop a bowl in which the precious white cotton is found. From october to half november the fields are harvested. First the leaves are killed with chemicals so the machine picking is easier. This perhaps not the most pretty sight, the brown leaves, but it is interesting to see the harvesting process.
To see more nature in Louisiana you have to enter the swamps. They are so beautiful.
Do a swamp tour with a guide who knows everything about the environment and learn all about the animals and plants.
We did a great tour near Baton Rouge, when we visited am&pm. The tour was by Alligator Bayou Tours
And last but not least do see one of the great Louisiana sunsets. This sunset was on the same tour as mentioned above. But you can find great Louisiana sunsets allover.
For something completely different you should visit New Orleans. It is so absolutely not american....
The flamboyant colors and people, one could not stop taking pictures.
But if there do some history by walking through the garden district with its nice houses and don't forget the graveyard.
More info on tourism in Louisiana: http://www.louisianatravel.com/
Explore the history and culture of South Eastern Louisiana:
Tourism in New Orleans: http://www.neworleansonline.com/
After visiting the capitol of Louisiana (Baton Rouge) you must also visit the most famous city of LA : New Orleans. It... more travel advice
Inside the Capitol State Building you can visit the rooms where they have the meetings. The rooms are very richly... more travel advice
tompt's Related Pages
Louisiana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pelican State"
- "Louisiana; history, culture and nature"
- "Keeweechic's Louisiana"
- "Louisiana: Sportsman's Paradise"
- "Basaic Louisiana Page"
- "Ruckus. In large amounts."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Louisiana
- Hotels in Louisiana
- Transportation in Louisiana
- Nightlife in Louisiana
- Restaurants in Louisiana
- Shopping in Louisiana
- Warnings and Dangers in Louisiana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Louisiana
- 42 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Louisiana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Louisiana
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues