Alaska Tourist Trap Tips by tompt Top 5 Page for this destination
Alaska Tourist Traps: 30 reviews and 23 photos
That is 40 $, sir .......
At the Iditarod headquarters you can go on a short trip with some dogs. it costed 10$ in July 2005. For that 10 $ per person you are loaded in a cart on wheels, with 4 to 6 people and are driven around for exactly 1min and 15 seconds..........
The dogs seemed to like to draw the cart though.
Unique Suggestions: Go into the headquarters and see the film about the world famous dog sledge race. See some of the dogs that are outside and try to capture apicture of the blue dog eyes. There were some pups too when we were there.........cute.
Talkeetna is advertised as 'beautifull downtown Talkeetna'. But we could not find the beauty of downtown. It was filled with tourists, either on their way to Denali or returning from it. The town is supposed to be historical because of the railroad. But the few historic houses we saw were turned into commercial buildings.
We didn't think it was worth getting of the main road for.
Unique Suggestions: There is a museum in Talkeetna in a one-room schoolhouse built in 1936.
Fun Alternatives: Stay on the mainroad to Denali and spend some more time in nature.
More Reviews (25)
tompt's Related Pages
Alaska Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Land of the Midnight Sun"
- "Alaska--my home for now (again)"
- "Alaska, up north and far away"
- "Train Ride Through Alaska's Interior"
- "The Last Great Frontier"
- "Alaska, America's Crown Jewel"
- "Alaska, land of beauty"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alaska
- Hotels in Alaska
- Transportation in Alaska
- Nightlife in Alaska
- Restaurants in Alaska
- Shopping in Alaska
- Warnings and Dangers in Alaska
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alaska
- 28 Reviews
- 163 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Alaska?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alaska
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues