"Sevilla, more moorish then spanish ?" Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla by tompt
Sevilla Travel Guide: 2,298 reviews and 5,951 photos
Seville, the capital of Andalucia, has many monuments and architecture that reflect centuries of different cultures (romans, arabs, jews, gypsies) that left their mark. Not only buildings, but also old folkloric traditions show the influences. There is Semana Santa (holy week) with the spectacular easter processions. Followed by the April Fair. Seville is also the birthplace of the Flamenco. And there is also the famous bullfights in the eldest bullring of Spain.
Walking through Sevilla you can't help but notice the luxuriant forms and beautiful colors used in the buildings.
Most of that is influence from the arabs. The arabs conquered spain in 711 and stayed here until around 1200. The Moors brought the art of the glazed tiles to southern spain. The mudéjar architecture is from the time the christians had just defeated the Moors, early 1200's. The kings of that time ordered some arab craftsmen to built churches and palaces.
Mudéjar means literally: those who were allowed to stay.
The airport of Seville is not very big. It only has 8 gates. But that is a big advantage. No long lines for example. And... more travel advice
If you are in Seville you might want to send a postcard to friends or family. Maybe to show them how wonderful the city... more travel advice
tompt's Related Pages
Sevilla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seville, my home town"
- "Keeweechic's Seville"
- " Sevilla tiene un color especial "
- "Sevilla, more moorish then spanish ?"
- ""The Via de la Plata""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sevilla
- Hotels in Sevilla
- Transportation in Sevilla
- Nightlife in Sevilla
- Restaurants in Sevilla
- Shopping in Sevilla
- Warnings and Dangers in Sevilla
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sevilla
- 55 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Sevilla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sevilla
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues