"Zuid-Holland, a great place to live and enjoy" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Zuid-Holland by tompt
Provincie Zuid-Holland Travel Guide: 5,791 reviews and 15,768 photos
Zuid-Holland is a very divers province. You will find big cities here like Rotterdam and Den Haag, but also the Groene Hart (Green Heart, a green area in the middle of the Randstad .) Gonnie was born in Zevenhoven a small village in the northeast of Zuid-Holland. Noordeinde, where we live now was once part of Zevenhoven. Untill 1990 Zevenhoven was an independent municipality. Then national government thought the small municipalities had no future. And we were forced to combine with Nieuwveen to form a new municipal called Liemeer (after a road connecting the two). This municipal has only 6700 inhabitants is now under pressure again.
More nature can be found in Nieuwkoop. The most famous tourist place in our area is known for its lakes, Nieuwkoopse Plassen .
The lakes were formed when peat was won here. They digged so deep for the brown gold, as the fuel was then called, untill water filled the holes and the area was threathened in its exsistance. The windmills like the 4 still working in Aarlanderveen milled the area dry except for the Nieuwkoopse Plassen, which are now a nature conservation area.
More pictures can be found on our Nieuwkoop page.
The first university in the Netherlands was founded in 1575 in Leiden. Before that there was only one university in the... more travel advice
Built in 1653, it is still the focus point of Woubrugge. Before this church there was a small one standing here. It was... more travel advice
tompt's Related Pages
Provincie Zuid-Holland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An evolving Province Zuid-Holland"
- "The beautiful Island of Voorne in Zuid- Holland."
- "Zuid-Holland, a great place to live and enjoy"
- "PROVINCIE ZUID-HOLLAND"
- "My part of the world for over 34 years now"
- "Zuid-Holland, a great variety"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincie Zuid-Holland
- Hotels in Provincie Zuid-Holland
- Transportation in Provincie Zuid-Holland
- Nightlife in Provincie Zuid-Holland
- Restaurants in Provincie Zuid-Holland
- Shopping in Provincie Zuid-Holland
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincie Zuid-Holland
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Provincie Zuid-Holland
- 114 Reviews
- 431 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Provincie Zuid-Holland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincie Zuid-Holland
Photos in Provincie Zuid-HollandSee All Photos (431)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (60)
Top Provincie Zuid-Holland hotels
- Rotterdam Hotels
- 1419 Reviews - 3799 Photos
- Leiden Hotels
- 611 Reviews - 1423 Photos
- The Hague Hotels
- 1244 Reviews - 2876 Photos
- Noordwijk aan Zee Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 217 Photos
- Gouda Hotels
- 177 Reviews - 437 Photos
- Brielle Hotels
- 153 Reviews - 353 Photos
- Dordrecht Hotels
- 99 Reviews - 253 Photos
- Scheveningen Hotels
- 250 Reviews - 795 Photos
- Wateringen Hotels
- 1 Review - 6 Photos
- Ouderkerk aan den IJssel Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Hellevoetsluis Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 71 Photos
- De Lier Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Delft Hotels
- 501 Reviews - 1356 Photos
- Schoonhoven Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 74 Photos
- Hoek van Holland Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 280 Photos