Provincie Antwerpen Things to Do Tips by tompt
Provincie Antwerpen Things to Do: 14 reviews and 26 photos
inner courtyard, Sterckshof
In the castle Sterckshof in Deurne you can see a beautifull silvercollection.
The castle dates back to around 1530. It was originally a fortified estate which was bought by Gerard Sterck in 1524. He rebuilt the castle, which was later named Sterckshof in his honour. The castle was damaged in several wars but never completely destroyed.
In 1921 the Antwerp Province bought the Rivierenhof Park with Sterckshof in it.
Today it is a museum with a great silvercollection.
Open tuesday - sunday, 10.00 - 17.30 h.
Closed on monday, 25 & 26 december, 1 & 2 januari
Address: Cornelissenlaan, Deurne
Phone: +32 (0)3 360 52 50
Once a year there is a rose festival in a park in Deurne. The 2005 edition it was too hot to be there a long time, which was a pitty because it was so beautifull.
The park is called Rivierenhof and the rosefestival is always on a sunday in june
St Fredegandus graveyard with church
In Deurne there is a historic graveyard and church. Part of the graveyard is a monument. But don't expect it to be beautifull. Most of the graves are in a terrible state. Some have collapsed, others are in the process of collapsing. The entire atmosphere is very quiet tough. It is more a burial park.
There are only burials in private own graves today. No new graves sold.
Address: Lakborslei, Deurne
tompt's Related Pages
Provincie Antwerpen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Provincie Antwerpen"
- "What is cooking in the kitchen?"
- "Land of culture and ancient customs"
- "Provnce of Antwerp"
- "Antwerpen, where we made many (VT) friends"
- "Province of Antwerp"
- "Some nice places within short distance..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincie Antwerpen
- Hotels in Provincie Antwerpen
- Transportation in Provincie Antwerpen
- Nightlife in Provincie Antwerpen
- Restaurants in Provincie Antwerpen
- Shopping in Provincie Antwerpen
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincie Antwerpen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Munnar Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Laoag City
- La Spezia
Badges & Stats in Provincie Antwerpen
- 190 Reviews
- 379 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Provincie Antwerpen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincie Antwerpen
- Posted in Travel Utrecht Forum "Re: Utrecht op Zondag"
- Wrote a Review Rose festival in Deurne in Provincie Antwerpen Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rose festival in Deurne"
- updated a Provincie Antwerpen Travel Page "Antwerpen, where we made many (VT) friends"
- Commented on one of irisbe's Provincie Antwerpen travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (60)
Top Provincie Antwerpen hotels
- Antwerp Hotels
- 2853 Reviews - 7112 Photos
- Boom Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Lier Hotels
- 172 Reviews - 453 Photos
- Mechelen Hotels
- 287 Reviews - 739 Photos
- Mol Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 26 Photos
- Duffel Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 17 Photos
- Turnhout Hotels
- 111 Reviews - 160 Photos
- Bornem Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 25 Photos
- Kapellen Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 14 Photos
- Westmalle Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Oud-Turnhout Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Olen Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 10 Photos
- Mortsel Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 196 Photos
- Lokeren Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Lillo Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 38 Photos