"West-Vlaanderen, full of charme" Provincie West-Vlaanderen by tompt
Provincie West-Vlaanderen Travel Guide: 4,763 reviews and 13,841 photos
West-Vlaanderen, one of the 10 provinces of Belgium. As it name already indicates it is in the Flanders region. The best known city in West Vlaanderen is Brugge. We visited Brugge several times and have made a page with 200 pictures about this mediaevil city.
More about this city at the website of the city: http://www.brugge.be
Take some time to discover less known areas like Roeselare, a lovely small city 20 minutes south of Brugge.
They have a castle, the national cycling museum and maybe most important a beerbrewery.
The church and city graveyard are certainly worth a visit.
If you are in to culture they also have a cultural centre called 'de spil' (the pivot).
More about Roeselare at our Roeselare page, or at
http://www.roeselare.be, the official website of the community (in dutch only).
Discover a darker side of the Flanders history in the Flanders fields around Ieper. It was here the worst battles of the Great War were fought. Thousands lost their lifes in the muddy fields around Ieper. Every evening there is a 'the last post' at the Menen gate of Ieper in remembrance of the victims.
See the graveyards filled with identical tombstones and know why peace is so important!
We have visited this area on a daytrip and put pictures in the Flanders fields travelogue here and at our Ieper page.
More about Ieper (Ypres) at: http://www.ieper.be
See how the people rebuilt the city of ieper after it was completely distroyed in the Great War (1914-1918). It looks... more travel advice
When in West Flanders visit some of the smaller villages. Ofcourse Bruges is a must, but there are some lovely villages... more travel advice
tompt's Related Pages
Provincie West-Vlaanderen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "West Flanders - Provincie West-Vlaanderen"
- "West-Vlaanderen, full of charme"
- "West Flanders"
- "My birth region"
- "The province at the coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincie West-Vlaanderen
- Hotels in Provincie West-Vlaanderen
- Transportation in Provincie West-Vlaanderen
- Nightlife in Provincie West-Vlaanderen
- Restaurants in Provincie West-Vlaanderen
- Shopping in Provincie West-Vlaanderen
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincie West-Vlaanderen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincie West-Vlaanderen
- 131 Reviews
- 564 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Provincie West-Vlaanderen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincie West-Vlaanderen
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (60)
Top Provincie West-Vlaanderen hotels
- Brugge Hotels
- 2680 Reviews - 7153 Photos
- Oostende Hotels
- 511 Reviews - 1641 Photos
- Ieper Hotels
- 464 Reviews - 1301 Photos
- De Panne Hotels
- 84 Reviews - 116 Photos
- Roeselare Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 147 Photos
- Kortrijk Hotels
- 101 Reviews - 692 Photos
- Knokke Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 69 Photos
- Adinkerke Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Blankenberge Hotels
- 76 Reviews - 249 Photos
- Knokke-Heist Hotels
- 60 Reviews - 143 Photos
- Damme Hotels
- 92 Reviews - 232 Photos
- Sint-Idesbald Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Veurne Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 97 Photos
- De Haan Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 105 Photos
- Menen Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 98 Photos