"Put-in-Bay is my new favorite place" Top 5 Page for this destination Put-in-Bay by juldga

Put-in-Bay Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 99 photos

Arrival by Ferry

So I was debating between the Miller Ferry and the Jet Express. I chose the Miller Ferry because of the price. It was such an easy drive from where I live. They have free parking, and a ferry leaves every half hour in the summer. The ferry ride was short around 15 minutes. My friend went back to Port Clinton for a day and took the Jet Express. She said it was awesome. If you are staying off the island that would be the ferry to take because it brings you right into downtown and the last ferry on the weekends leaves at midnight. You can only brings cars on the Miller Ferry, though cars are not necessary on the island.

Commodore Hotel

I was worried about the hotel due to some bad reviews on the internet. The hotel however was better than expected. We stayed in the old section on the Commodore Hotel. The rooms were small however they were clean. The shower was big which was nice. There was a refrigerator in the room and that was unexpected. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. It was LOUD but it is Put-in-Bay and the hotel has no control over rude people who yell until 5AM. There was no clock in the room which was weird but they did provide shampoo, soap, and makeup remover (I loved the makeup remover wipes don't see that too often) The pool was small but there was a swim up bar next door you could use if you wanted.

The Island itself.

I love this island. Everything about it was awesome! We ate at the boardwalk which had awesome lobster bisque (5.99 a bowl or 9.99 in a breadbowl) and the best clams I have ever had. We ate at the chicken patio - everyone needs to go there - $10.25 a plate and you get half a chicken, corn on the cob, potato salad, and a roll. We ate at Pasquale's (italian-american) thier appetizers were awesome and so was thier pizza. We had the BLT pizza. We went back for dinner and dinner was good too. We were going to go to Axle and Harry's (the prices are very very expensive I'm talking $50 a plate) but they told us to wait 30 minutes and 90 minutes later we walked out. We went to the roundhouse to catch Mike "mad dog" Adams he was so funny. One night we hung out on the rooftop bar which was nice because it was not too crowded and we were at Mr. Ed's for a while. Mr Ed's is more a young party crowd. Alot of our time was spent in the Berr Barrel Saloon it is big not jam packed and had good entertainment plus there was no cover on Sat night. Be warned on Fri & Sat most places have a $5 cover. The shops were awesome and so were the activities. Be sure to go to the top of Perry's monument for spectacular views. A golf cart is worth the money. It is not necessary because you can walk everywhere, but it was fun. Be sure to get a gas powered one because the electric ones are so slow!

• Pros:Lots to do and lots to see
  • Cons:food and drinks are a bit pricey
  • In a nutshell:I love Put-in-Bay and will go back frequently
  • Last visit to Put-in-Bay: Aug 2008
  • Intro Written Aug 18, 2008

• kaloz's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Put In Bay is an awful lot of fun. I think you just got a bum electric cart, most of them are plenty fast.

juldga

“If you never have you should because it is fun and fun is good”

Badges & Stats in Put-in-Bay

Have you been to Put-in-Bay?

Latest Activity in Put-in-Bay