"Autumn in Old NESSEBAR" Top 5 Page for this destination Nesebar by timada
Nesebar Travel Guide: 225 reviews and 654 photos
"Nessebar - the pearl of the South coast of the Black Sea, is one of the most ancient towns in Europe.
The town, founded 3000 years ago by the Thracians by the name of Messemvria, is situated at a little rocky peninsula. When the castle was captured by Krum (an ancient Bulgarian king) in 812 A.C. the town was annexed to the Bulgarian territories by the name of Nessebar. In 1959 the town was declared for an architectural and archaeological reservation and has been included in the list of The World Cultural Inheritance of UNESCO since 1983. Particularly attractive cultural and historical monuments are: "St.Stefan" Church (XI-th century), "St.Spas" Church (XVII-th century), "Christ Pantokrator" Church (XIII-th century), "St. John the Baptist" Church (X-XI-th century), "St. Sofia" Church (IV-V-th century), "St. John Aliturgetos" Church (XIV-th century). Another interesting monuments from the XVIII - XIX-th century are many houses, windmills, fountains, squares. The magnificent medieval architecture, as well as the antique traces from different civilizations are unique opportunity for entertainment. There are many family hotels and private rooms. They offer a whole range of modern conveniences at reasonable prices.
Nessebar will be a pleasant and unforgettable experience for you!"
If you have some time please watch my video about this charming place and a local wedding !
- Pros:Charming , special atmosphere
- In a nutshell:I wish to go again !
Cozy , relaxing atmosphere ! You can spend unforgettable hours with your friends eating Bulgarian national dishes at... more travel advice
Grecian or Turkish ? I was sure it was an old Turkish fountain ... I've search on internet some information about this... more travel advice
- Buses from Nessebar
- See All Bulgarian leather
- See All The Basilica Holy Mother Eleusa
- Changing money
timada's Related Pages
Nesebar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Autumn in Old NESSEBAR"
- "Nessebar , My Favorite place on the Black Sea"
- "Mixing of Cultures"
- "Nesebur (Bulgaria)"
- "A Town - Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nesebar
- Hotels in Nesebar
- Transportation in Nesebar
- Nightlife in Nesebar
- Restaurants in Nesebar
- Shopping in Nesebar
- Warnings and Dangers in Nesebar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nesebar
- 31 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Nesebar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nesebar
Photos in NesebarSee All Photos (85)
Videos in NesebarSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nesebar Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Constanta Intro, 20 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mamaia Intro, 9 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilsberg Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sozopol Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burg Hohenzollern Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zürich Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mannheim Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glatt Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos