"CYNDY@dSCENE" cyndymc's Profile

2011: GEARING UP FOR MORE EXCITING TRAVELS

For a post birthday celebration, hubby and I went to the exotic Island of Guimaras, and attended the Dinagyang Festival in Iloilo City. Then for a post-Valentine celebration, we went to Puerto Princesa City in Palawan. With summer setting in, we hied to Subic for swimming and picnic in Camayan Beach, and went to Morong, Bataan to adopt some hatchlings at the Pawikan Conservation Center and released them to the sea.

Before rainy season set in, we went back to the Ilocos Region primarily for photo shoot. We chose Pagudpud as our base. Our photo shoot of the Kapurpurawan Rock Formation in Burgos was memorable because we got caught by an unexpected downpour. The sunrise photo shoot at the Windmill Farm in Bangui was equally unforgettable. Going down to Manila, we stayed overnight at Vigan to prepare for a sunrise shoot in Narvacan. Unfortunately, I got sick and had to stay behind in our hotel in Vigan.

With regained health, I went with hubby to Bacolod City for the 2011 Masskara Festival. It was another eventful trip; I got to meet some VTers. I also had the honor to meet the City Officials including Councilor Bais who was in charge of Tourism, and who gave me and hubby Guest Passes for the Plaza judging area.

Before the year ends, hubby and I will go to Cagayan de Oro, Camiguin Island, and hopefully Iligan City.
me and hubby

Capping 2010 With My Dream Destination

Capping my 2010 travels is our exciting trip to Batanes. I’ve been to Batanes for official business many years ago when I was still single, but I didn’t have a chance to appreciate the beauty of the place. Thanks to hubby for giving me this vacation as advance Christmas gift. He knew I wanted so much to go back to Batanes. Oh, what an experience we had! A dream fulfilled, rediscovering Batanes’ unspoiled beauty, breathtaking landscapes and seascapes, amazing heritage sites, friendly people and delectable cuisine.

I had memorable travels in 2010 like our trip to Bacolod City where we witnessed the Masskara Festival, one of the colorful and merriest festivals in the Philippines. I also had the chance to link up with some VTers in The Ruins, Talisay City. My return trip to Boracay was one of the most exciting and memorable. It was my first travel without hubby, and my first trip only with my eldest daughter. We had a unique bonding moment under the sea during our helmet dive/ reef walk. Equally memorable was our Bicol trip. We went to Naga City for a Visita Iglesia to the churches, to Caramoan where I had my first rock-climbing experience in one of the paradise islands, and to Albay where we had a day tour of the towns/cities around Mt. Mayon: Legaspi City, Sto. Domingo, Ligao City, Tabaco City, and Daraga City.

My most challenging and exciting trip for 2009 was our trek to Mt. Pinatubo Crater Lake.

HOW IT ALL STARTED

It's been a year since I first registered with VT. I graduated as #15 Rookie last August 7, 2009. I'd like to thank all who gave me a warm welcome even when I haven't built a home page yet, and for motivating me to slowly build my HP and travel pages. I didn't realize VT would give me a new circle of friends. These new friends wrote me asking for info about myself and family, and urged me to make even a short intro in my homepage so other members would get to know me.

My objective for joining VT was only to gather data for our forthcoming DIY trip to Bohol. After I posted my experience on Bohol, messages from strangers poured in, asking for tips/info. Then, I received emails asking for more info about other areas in the Philippines, so in a short span of time, I found myself making travel pages on other places I've been to.

Again. thank you for welcoming me to your community. Thank you for the friendship.

WHY I TRAVEL & WRITE FOR VT

Why do I travel?

I travel primarily to...

have bonding time with my husband and family;
commune with God and nature;
hone my photography skills;
discover/see first-hand what my country can be proud of to the world;
bring some friends and relatives to the beautiful tourist
destinations
in our country.

Why do I write travel guides at VT?

Facing the computer to type in thoughts and feelings, and post pictures is not quite easy for me, but I find time to slowly build up my travel pages to...

document our travels through tips and pictures;
make it easier for other travelers who plan to go to the same place;
lessen confusion of travelers by posting travel guides in the
proper/correct geographical location;
share to the world what our country has to offer;
actively campaign for ways to improve neglected aspects in local tourism.

As years passed, I realized the value of writing travel pages and posting pictures. Travel is education. I learned so many things in my travel: about the places, about the people, about our history. My country is gifted with many beautiful places, and the Filipino people at beautiful at heart. Let my VT travel pages serve as my contribution to helping promote tourism. I am proud to let the world know about the many things they can do and see in the Philippines.

My Travel & Photo Buddy

After my husband retired from the corporate world, he has focused his time on travel and photography. We enjoy going on road trips to go to different tourist
spots
, explore mountains/ waterfalls and other natural formations, go to places with nice sunrise/sunset shots, and do photoshoots with special interest in architectural photography (esp. centuries-old churches and other heritage sites) and human interest "photologues".

My Travel Buddies: My daughters & Grandson

We usually travel as a whole family, except when my daughters cannot go on leave from their work. One of our fondest memories was our trip to Bohol. This picture was taken at Mag-aso Falls, Bohol by hubby so he is not in the picture.

My Other Travel Buddy

Chloe, my pet Shih Tzu joined us in our family vacation at a pet-friendly resort in San Juan, Batangas. She was a good travel companion, so she'll probably join us in more trips, especially to places where there is a good view of the sunrise. Chloe simply loves the sunrise!

• Intro Updated Nov 20, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
cyndymc's Profile Photo

cyndymc

“Leave a positive mark wherever you go”

Real Name