"San Pablo City: Oldest City In Laguna" San Pablo City by cyndymc
San Pablo City Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 229 photos
Located about 82 kilometers from Manila, San Pablo City is nestled at the southern portion of Laguna, at the foothills of Mount Cristobal and Mount Banahaw. It is the very first and oldest city in the Province of Laguna, and is considered one of the oldest cities in the Philippines.
San Pablo City is rich in natural resources, and is largely agricultural, with rice fields and coconut farms as well as orchards. It is blessed with 7 lakes within its geographical boundaries, offering rich fishing grounds that provide livelihood to the local fishermen.
I've been to San Pablo City many times in the past, the last time was only a year ago when we dropped by the Cathedral. My first travels to San Pablo City were official business in nature (had to do some management audit of a foreigh-assisted program) so I didn't have time for sight-seeing. Then, I had the occasion to bring some kids to Sampaloc Lake for an educational tour when I volunteered as a Camp Counselor. The following years, I had trips with my family for various reasons: food trips at the restaurants in Sampaloc Lake; hubby's company outing at Villa Escudero; Visita Iglesia during Holy Week at the San Pablo Cathedral.
This Travel Page is dedicated to fellow VTer machomikemd who requested me to write about his birthplace... I'm glad I obliged to his request because it was a pleasant surprise to see so much change and progress in the city, and the restoration of Sampaloc Lake's beauty.
After talking with Ms. Maria Donnalyn Brinas-Esce, Administrative Officer for San Pablo City Tourism Affairs, as well as some locals, I realized that there are so many places I still have to see/discover in San Pablo. In the past, the only popular tourist destinations were Sampaloc Lake and Villa Escudero. Today, with the city government's thrust to promote ecotourism, tourists are encouraged to go for nature trips to its waterfalls and 7 crater lakes: Sampalok, Palakpakin, Yambo, Bunit, Pandin, Muhikap and Calibato.
- Pros:Lovely place; lovable people!
- Cons:Terrible traffic; ill-mannered tricycle drivers!
We went for Visita Iglesia at the San Pablo Cathedral on several occasions. It is also known as St. Paul Cathedral,... more travel advice
I did not personally stay in this place because there was no need for me to check in. (Our house is only less than 2... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
San Pablo City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SAN PABLO City"
- "City of Seven Lakes"
- "San Pablo City: Oldest City In Laguna"
- "Seven Lakes City"
- "San Pablo: City of Seven Lakes"
- "City of Seven Lakes"
- "My San Pablo City Homepage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Pablo City
- Hotels in San Pablo City
- Transportation in San Pablo City
- Nightlife in San Pablo City
- Restaurants in San Pablo City
- Shopping in San Pablo City
- Warnings and Dangers in San Pablo City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in San Pablo City
- 19 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to San Pablo City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Pablo City
- Posted in Travel Province of Laguna Forum "Re: commuting from Sta. Rosa to..."
- Wrote a Review Courtesy Call To San Pablo Tourism Affairs Office in San Pablo City Things to Do
- updated a San Pablo City Travel Page "San Pablo City: Oldest City In Laguna"
- Uploaded a Photo to "San Pablo City: Oldest City In Laguna"
Photos in San Pablo CitySee All Photos (55)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues