Bacolod City Shopping Tips by cyndymc
Bacolod City Shopping: 17 reviews and 22 photos
Plaza Mart Mall
I saw SM Mall and Robinson's Mall in Bacolod City, but I didn't bother to go there, as I already know what it's like shopping in those malls. I wanted to see what the very first mall in Bacolod looked like, the Plaza Mart. The mall has been renovated, but it was opened in 1965, and was the first modern commercial center in Western Visayas to provide shoppers with an escalator. It is right in the heart of the city. As I went up the escalator, I noticed that the ambience was like the old shopping center in Greenhills. There were boutiques selling imported garments, faux jewelry, bags, footwear, health supplements and other imported goods. I stopped by Kyak, a boutique which seemed to have it all.
What to buy: I left Kyak Boutique happy with the reasonably-priced items I bought:t 2 summer dresses, leggings, Pito-Pito Health Syrup, and organic mosquito repellant.
What to pay: I spent less than P1,000 for said items
Address: Plaza Mart Mall,Downtown Araneta Ave.,Bacolod City
Directions: Kyak is at the 2nd floor
Theme: Department Store
While on the way to their house, my cousin pointed to me the 888 Chinatown Square. She said it is often likened to Divisoria’s 628 Department Store in Manila where the prices of items are so low but shoppers can still haggle for a discount, depending on one’s bargaining skills.
What to buy: 888 Chinatown Square offers a wide range of very affordable merchandise like ready-to-wear garments, jewelry, accessories, footwear, DVDs, cell phone units and the latest fad and gadgets from China.
What to pay: Verrry low prices!
Address: Gatuslao Street, Bacolod City
Directions: See the building facing the National Food Authority, adjacent to the Land Bank of the Philippines
Theme: Department Store
More Reviews (37)
- See All Don't Be Shy, Have Fun With Street...
- See All Promenade, Light Show, Night Photography
- Beware of Pickpockets
- See All Sweet As Sugar
cyndymc's Related Pages
Bacolod City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City of Smiles"
- "Welcome to the City of Smiles - Bacolod!"
- "Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty"
- "Where the air is sweet"
- "At home in Bacolod"
- "Bacolod, is it really a dullsville?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bacolod City
- Hotels in Bacolod City
- Transportation in Bacolod City
- Nightlife in Bacolod City
- Restaurants in Bacolod City
- Shopping in Bacolod City
- Warnings and Dangers in Bacolod City
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kurort Seiffen
- Lindfield Hotels
- Siggiewi Hotels
- Temoh Hotels
- Plymouth Hotels
Badges & Stats in Bacolod City
- 39 Reviews
- 197 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Bacolod City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bacolod City
- Posted in Travel Province of Laguna Forum "Re: commuting from Sta. Rosa to..."
- Commented on one of cyndymc's Bacolod City travelogues
- Wrote a Review Don't Be Shy, Have Fun With Street Dancers in Bacolod City Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't Be Shy, Have Fun With Street Dancers"
- updated a Bacolod City Travelogue "VT Flag Galore @ Masskara Festival 2011"
- Uploaded a Video to Bacolod City
Videos in Bacolod CitySee All Videos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues