Bacolod City Nightlife Tips by cyndymc
Bacolod City Nightlife: 27 reviews and 37 photos
NGC Sight During 2011 Masskara Festival Season
The NGC Park is a favorite nightspot of locals and tourists. The fresh air, the beautiful park and the fountain with colorful lights attract a big crowd to spend their evening there. During the asskara Festival season, people look forward to seeing more attractions in the park. This year (2011), there were brightly colored floating installations in the pond, the design of most of which were inspired by masks.
When you go to Bacolod City for the Masskara Festival, don't miss the chance to go to the NGC Park in the evening. Remember to bring your camera. Bring snacks, but bring your trash!
Dress Code: Come as you are. There is no strict dress code
Address: NGC, Bacolod City
Directions: along Circumferential Road east of Bacolod
Theme: Family Spot
Street Kiosks For Beer
At the Tourism Strip and the Public Plaza, locals and tourists are treated to live music of popular bands, and the streets serve as their party venue. Though some tourists usually stay at the 2nd floor of food establishments (like McDo/Chowking/KFC) so they can have a good vantage point for viewing dance exhibition while dinling, more people stay on the long line of kiosks at both sides of the street for food, beer and other drinks. At the plaza, drinking beer at the kiosks start from October 1 till their Charter Day. At the Tourist Strip, the street party and live band is only for 2 nights, after the Electric Masskara.
Pro: Free live music by popular bands; "overflowing" beer
Con: So much litter and urine stench on the streets
Dress Code: Casual wear
Address: Tourist Strip & Public Plaza, Bacolod City
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (37)
- See All Don't Be Shy, Have Fun With Street...
- Beware of Pickpockets
- See All Shop Like You Were At Divisoria’s 628...
- See All Sweet As Sugar
cyndymc's Related Pages
Bacolod City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City of Smiles"
- "Welcome to the City of Smiles - Bacolod!"
- "Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty"
- "Where the air is sweet"
- "At home in Bacolod"
- "Bacolod, is it really a dullsville?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bacolod City
- Hotels in Bacolod City
- Transportation in Bacolod City
- Nightlife in Bacolod City
- Restaurants in Bacolod City
- Shopping in Bacolod City
- Warnings and Dangers in Bacolod City
- See All...
Explore the World
- Green Bay Hotels
- Bridge City Hotels
- Rendezvous Hotels
- Duinbergen Hotels
- White Rock
Badges & Stats in Bacolod City
- 39 Reviews
- 197 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Bacolod City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bacolod City
- Posted in Travel Province of Laguna Forum "Re: commuting from Sta. Rosa to..."
- Commented on one of cyndymc's Bacolod City travelogues
- Wrote a Review Don't Be Shy, Have Fun With Street Dancers in Bacolod City Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't Be Shy, Have Fun With Street Dancers"
- updated a Bacolod City Travelogue "VT Flag Galore @ Masskara Festival 2011"
- Uploaded a Video to Bacolod City
Videos in Bacolod CitySee All Videos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues