Baguio City Shopping Tips by cyndymc Top 5 Page for this destination
Baguio City Shopping: 43 reviews and 56 photos
I'd like to share with you a not-so-well-known fact shared by my niece. When we were in Baguio for the 2009 Panagbenga, she surprised me with a pack of my favorite BCC raisin bread and banana cake for our evening snack. We were not billeted at the Baguio Country Club, but she got them anyway from...guess where? a nearby gasoline station!
Yes, you can still buy your favorite BCC raisin bread and banana cake at any of the following authorized BCC outlets and gasoline stations: at gasoline stations like Caltex Legarda & Petron BGH, Petron Victory and Petron Burnham; at the different coffee shops like Figaro SM and Club John Hay, Starbucks SM & Club John Hay and Gloria Jeans Café; also at Villa Cordillera in Outlook Drive. You can choose where to buy depending on your hotel's proximity. Since they have very limited stock, it is best to order a day before.
What to buy: Banana Cake, Raisin Bread, other BCC pastries
What to pay: I am not sure if the price of the breads, cakes and pastries are the same as BCC, but who cares? You get to savor them though you're not a member billeted at BCC.
Address: (See above description)
Theme: Food and Drink
The Good Shepherd Sisters have been known to help out-of-school youth by training them to cook ube jam, strawberry jam, cookies & other pastries, and produce hand-made souvenir items. The proceeds of the store of the Good Shepherd Sisters go to the education and livelihood programs for out-of-school youth. That means every peso you pay goes to a socially responsible endeavour... Now, doesn't that make you feel good?
What to buy: Ube (Yam) Jam, Strawberry Jam & Jelly, Blueberry Jelly, Lenguas de Gato, Crinkles, and other pastries; hand-sewn/made souvenir items; fresh vegetable; herbal concoctions. etc
What to pay: Your P500 will already buy a lot of "pasalubongs" and/or souvenirs
Address: Good Shepherd Convent, Gibraltar Rd., Baguio City
Directions: From Mines View Park, drive towards Gibraltar Rd., turn right to convent driveway.. To commute, take jeep going back to Plaza; get off at convent gate.
Theme: Food and Drink
SM City Baguio by Night
SM City Baguio is found at Luneta Hill, where the former Pines Hotel was located. It is an enclosed shopping mall with a floor area of 105,331 sq.meters, touted as the largest shopping mall in the region, standing on a land area of 80,000 sq. meters on the northern tip of the city's popular Session Road. As the biggest mall and one of the largest buildings in Baguio City, it houses more stores, entertainment centers as well as shops than any other malls located in the city. It has become a favorite of locals and tourists because its parking building can accommodate some 800 vehicles.
SM City Baguio has a unique cruise ship-patterned structure that makes use of natural lighting; it is roofed with translucent white fiber that allows sunlight to illuminate the mall's interiors. It does not have a common airconditioned area; it is cooled by towering pine trees and beautiful lush gardens in the surroundings .
The verandas of the mall overlook the whole city, giving the best view of the city's tourist attractions, such as the Burnham Lake, the city hall, the Athletic Bowl, as well as the Session Road. In the evenings, it becomes an awesome sight on the hill.
What to buy: Anything and everything you would need (apparel, footwear, accessories, medicine, hardware, food & groceries, sports gear, etc) can be found in SM City Baguio's many stores.
Address: Luneta Hill, Upper Session Road, Baguio City
Directions: Northernmost tip of Session Road; former site of Pines Hotel
Theme: Department Store
Tam-awan Souvenir Shop
Tam-awan Village is the base of many local artists. The souvenir shop's merchandise is not as common as the ones sold in other commmercial establishment.
What to buy: Ifugao wood carvings are most sought for by tourists, aside from the beadworks (necklaces,bracelets,etc) and handwoven table linen and wall decors.
What to pay: The wood carvings found in Tam-awan Village are more intricate so they are more pricey (P1,000 to P15,000). The other souvenir items are at par with local market price.
Address: Tam-awan Village, 366-C Pinsao Proper, Baguio City
Other Contact: +63921-5883131
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (25)
- See All Number Coding In Baguio City
- See All Drop By The Mansion House
- Sidewalk Vendors Don't Sell Cheaper...
- Link Up w/ Fellow VT'ers
cyndymc's Related Pages
Baguio City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baguio city"
- "Baguio Today"
- "Baguio City - It's a "cool" place"
- "City of Pines and Mums"
- "Baguio For Christmas Break"
- "Summer Capital of the Philippines"
- "i see pine trees of green, red roses too"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baguio City
- Hotels in Baguio City
- Transportation in Baguio City
- Nightlife in Baguio City
- Restaurants in Baguio City
- Shopping in Baguio City
- Warnings and Dangers in Baguio City
- See All...
Explore the World
- Heswall Hotels
- San Pawl il-Bahar Hotels
- Douglas Hotels
- Germantown Hotels
- New Haven
Badges & Stats in Baguio City
- 29 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Baguio City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baguio City
- Posted in Travel Boracay Island Forum "Re: Lonely Planet Shops"
- Wrote a Review Number Coding In Baguio City in Baguio City Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Baguio City Travelogue "2009 Official Floral Float Competition Winners"
- Uploaded a Photo to "2009 Official Floral Float Competition Winners"
- Uploaded a Video to Baguio City
Videos in Baguio CitySee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues