Baguio City Warnings Or Dangers Tips by cyndymc Top 5 Page for this destination
Baguio City Warnings and Dangers: 17 reviews and 10 photos
If you intend to travel to and around the Baguio City in your private vehicle during a weekday, be forewarned! Please bear in mind that like in Metro Manila, there is a number coding rule restricting the entry of vehicles with specific plate ending numbers on specific days at the Central Business District.
Solution: Stop at the nearest tourism or police outpost to get a number coding exemption pass
Another Option: Just commute; use a public utility vehicle
A group of Baguio Homeowners Associations and Civic Groups have come up with a battlecry-"Baguio- Love It Or Leave It". Particularly addressed to Korean migrants of the city, who reportedly have been notorious in unwanton littering and "noise pollution", the motto "Love It Or Leave It" was meant to assert the locals' rights to maintaining the clean image of the city. So if you are Korean, expect less hospitality from the locals who are normally extra-friendly to foreigners.
Chaotic Crowd at Panagbenga Festival
Baguio City has become overpopulated because of the surge in migrants. Imagine how it would be like when it is peak season...but peak season or not, be careful with your cash and credit cards.
I myself was a victim of a pickpocket at the Mines View Park Souvenir Stores. There were so many people shoving their way through the crowd, so I didn't notice that my pocket was already being picked. But bad luck for the pickpocket, my wallet had very few cash left as I just finished buying vegetables at the local market. Good luck for me though, because I had a separate wallet for credit cards which I placed in a secret pocket inside my jacket.
This "Stolen" Shot Made Her Mad
Steer away from natives who volunteer to be your models in souvenir pictures. Most Igorots clad in native costumes who volunteer or allow you take their pictures are expecting to be paid in return. Be clear about his/her terms before you take pictures, or you will feel the ire and pressure of said natives. It is very disconcerting to be shouted at by the natives while you are in their "territory". You usually pay higher if you wear their costume or head gear.
More Reviews (25)
- See All Where To Buy Baguio Country Club Raisin...
- See All Drop By The Mansion House
- Sidewalk Vendors Don't Sell Cheaper...
- Link Up w/ Fellow VT'ers
cyndymc's Related Pages
Baguio City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baguio city"
- "Baguio Today"
- "Baguio City - It's a "cool" place"
- "City of Pines and Mums"
- "Baguio For Christmas Break"
- "Summer Capital of the Philippines"
- "i see pine trees of green, red roses too"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baguio City
- Hotels in Baguio City
- Transportation in Baguio City
- Nightlife in Baguio City
- Restaurants in Baguio City
- Shopping in Baguio City
- Warnings and Dangers in Baguio City
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dalhousie Hotels
- Bishops Cleeve Hotels
- Klosters Serneus Hotels
- Isla Cozumel Hotels
- What To Avoid
- State of Kerala Warnings and Dangers
- Areas to Avoid
- Schoolies Week.
- Burkina Faso Warnings and Dangers
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Warnings and Dangers
- Auckland Warnings and Dangers
- Naples Warnings and Dangers
- Columbia Warnings and Dangers
- Palm Springs Warnings and Dangers
- Neighborhood Watch
- Oslo Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Baguio City
- 29 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Baguio City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baguio City
- Posted in Travel Province of Laguna Forum "Re: commuting from Sta. Rosa to..."
- Wrote a Review Number Coding In Baguio City in Baguio City Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Baguio City Travelogue "2009 Official Floral Float Competition Winners"
- Uploaded a Photo to "2009 Official Floral Float Competition Winners"
- Uploaded a Video to Baguio City
Videos in Baguio CitySee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues