"Pasay City- Philippines' Premier Gateway City" Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City by cyndymc
Pasay City Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 1,286 photos
Pasay City is one of the original 4 cities of Metro-Manila, geographically bound on the north by Manila (country's capital city), northeast by Makati (business capital of the Philippines), east by Taguig (another fast-growing city) and south by Paranaque.
Although the "Tourist Belt", Cultural Center of the Philippines, Philippine International Convention Center and some government offices like the Senate of the Philippines, Dept. of Foreign Affairs and Phiippine National Bank are based in Pasay City, the city's reputation suffered, and for a long time was equated with the "red light district" of Metro Manila because of the nightclubs along Roxas Boulevard.
As the country's premiere gateway city (being the site of International Airports 1,2 &3), the local government made a decisive move to transform Pasay into a "Family, Entertainment & Cultural City". That vision soon materialized. Many families now flock to Pasay City; local and foreign tourists go there daily for sunset watch, food trips, shopping, fun, leisure and wholesome entertainment.
The strip of "Palutuan" (have your food cooked your way) Restaurants in Diosdado Macapagal Avenue and the San Miguel by the Bay dining strip & open park are favorite destinations, as well as Harbour Square and Star City. SM Mall of Asia is also a big contributor to the development of Pasay City, having initiated a lot of family-oriented activities and cultural shows in its Main Atrium & Music Hall.
We frequent Columbia Sportswear Shop not only for its wide array of high quality sporting goods, but also for the... more travel advice
A new crowd drawer, the Bungee Fun has become a favorite of young ones and once young who would like to experience a... more travel advice
- See All "Paluto" Style Restaurant
- Same Hospitality For Premium & Budget...
- See All Live Entertainment, Dining, Bay...
cyndymc's Related Pages
Pasay City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pasay City- Philippines' Premier Gateway City"
- "The CITY of Lovers ;p"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to SM Mall of Asia"
- "SM Mall of Asia"
- "Gigantic Mall"
- "Pasay City"
- "Home of SM Mall of Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pasay City
- Hotels in Pasay City
- Transportation in Pasay City
- Nightlife in Pasay City
- Restaurants in Pasay City
- Shopping in Pasay City
- Warnings and Dangers in Pasay City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pasay City
- 34 Reviews
- 174 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Pasay City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pasay City
- Posted in Travel Cagayan de Oro Forum "Re: Arm and hammer washing soda"
- Uploaded a Photo to "My Husband's Favorite Sportswear Shop"
- Wrote a Review My Husband's Favorite Sportswear Shop in Pasay City Shopping
- Uploaded a Video to Pasay City
- updated a Pasay City Travel Page "Pasay City- Philippines' Premier Gateway City"
Videos in Pasay CitySee All Videos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues