"Zambales as Eco-Tourism Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Zambales by cyndymc
Province of Zambales Travel Guide: 569 reviews and 2,282 photos
The rugged shoreline of Zambales features many beautiful coves and inlets, and has about 173 kilometers of beaches. Many explore the beaches and the sea not only to swim. Divers explore the beautiful coral reef & marine life, as well as shipwreck spots; surfers go to their favorite surfing areas; photo enthusiasts go to any & all places that offer interesting subjects. And now, more and more islands and coves are discovered and developed as tourist spots.
Zambales' enormous mountain range is a sight to behold. Almost everywhere you go, whether on the road or at a cove or beach resort, you will see the imposing mountains.
Mount Pinatubo is an active volcano at the intersection of the borders of the provinces of Zambales, Tarlac, and Pampanga. In a milestone decision, ownership of Mt. Pinatubo was granted to the Aetas. 15,998 hectares including Mt. Pinatubo has been registered at the Registry of Deeds in Zambales as a Certificate of Ancestral Domain Title. The Aetas of Pampanga,Tarlac and Zambales have reportedly reached an understanding that Pinatubo is on the Botolan, Zambales side and the lands there belong to Botolan Aetas.
Zambales lies between the Zambales Mountains and the South China Sea, and is geographically part of the western shores of Central Luzon. It is the 2nd largest of the 7 provinces in Central Luzon, having a total land area of 3,700 kilometers, of which, 60% is occupied by its mountain range in the eastern side.
It is bounded on the north by the province of Pangasinan, Tarlac and Pampanga on the east, and Bataan on the South.
The province's name came from the word "zambal", a Hispanized term for Sambali. Zambal is the language spoken by the early Austronesian inhabitants of the place. Another version says that the name was derived from the word "samba", meaning worship, because the Spanish supposedly found the native inhabitants to be highly superstitious; worshiping the spirits of their ancestors. (Zambales was first explored by the Spanish in 1572, led by Juan de Salcedo.)
The Aetas of Mount Pinatubo were the earliest inhabitants of Zambales, but they were later displaced by the Sambals, an Austronesian people after whom the province is named. The Sambals, Tagalogs, Ilocanos, and Kapampangans today constitute the four largest ethnic groups in Zambales. Today, most of the people of southern Zambales are migrants from different parts of the country, as a result of job opportunities brought on by the U.S Subic Naval Base then, and the Subic Freeport Zone today.
Zambales is a fast becoming a favorite of photo enthusiasts because of the diverse subjects and locations one can choose... more travel advice
The Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTX) has cut traveling time to Subic by more than one hour because travelers don't... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Province of Zambales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Camping in Anawangin Cove"
- "Hiking Up Mt Anawangin Down to the Cove"
- "Zambales as Eco-Tourism Paradise"
- "The Mountains of Zambales"
- "Mango Country"
- "Zambales... they have also nice beaches..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Zambales
- Hotels in Province of Zambales
- Transportation in Province of Zambales
- Nightlife in Province of Zambales
- Restaurants in Province of Zambales
- Shopping in Province of Zambales
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Zambales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Zambales
- 86 Reviews
- 359 Photos
- 36 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Province of Zambales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Zambales
- Posted in Travel Cagayan de Oro Forum "Re: Arm and hammer washing soda"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Weekend in Anawangin, Camara, Capones & Potipot"
- updated a Province of Zambales Travel Page "Zambales as Eco-Tourism Paradise"
- Uploaded a Video to Province of Zambales
- Wrote a Review Photo Safari in Province of Zambales Things to Do
Videos in Province of ZambalesSee All Videos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues