"Legaspi City, Our Base For The Albay Tour" Legaspi City by cyndymc
Legaspi City Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 429 photos
We came from our trips to Caramoan and Naga City so we chose Legaspi City as our base in Albay. We thought it would be a more comfortable and convenient jump-off point to the other towns/cities in Albay like Sto. Domingo, Daraga, Tabaco, and Ligao City.
Legaspi City is a first class city and the capital city of Albay, and as such is the political center of Bicol Region. It is located at the center of the peninsula, between the two island provinces of Catanduanes and Masbate, boasting of a beautiful seaport and spectacular skyline, made more breathtaking by the calm waters of Albay Gulf and the majestic Mayon Volcano towering over the buildings. I've been to the City of Legaspi before, so I was surprised to see it now as more modern-looking and progressive.
Trivia: The city's name "LEGAZPI" was patterned from the name of Adelantado Miguel Lopez de Legazpi, the Spanish conquistador who conquered the Philippines in 1565. Actually, LEGAZPI with a "z" is the official name of the city but locals often refer to their place as LEGASPI with the "s". This is probably because older versions of the Filipino alphabet did not contain "z" and besides to most people, it's not a big issue since "z" and "s" produce similar sounds, with "s" as the easier to pronounce. As long as we understand that the Legaspi City we are referring to in this travel guide is Legazpi City, then there's no problem.
A small kiosk-type of stall in the middle of groundfloor of Paseo Palmas caught my attention. Many tourists were looking... more travel advice
Nice ambience, good location with good view of events at Celebration Plaza, mouth-watering list of Chinese food in their... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Legaspi City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Legazpi City"
- "Hot city ..."
- "Welcome to Legazpi City"
- "Legaspi City"
- "Legazpi City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Legaspi City
- Hotels in Legaspi City
- Transportation in Legaspi City
- Nightlife in Legaspi City
- Restaurants in Legaspi City
- Shopping in Legaspi City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Legaspi City
- 16 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Legaspi City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Legaspi City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues