"Alabang "Super City"" Alabang by cyndymc
Alabang Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 553 photos
(Intro: VT has listed Alabang under the Province of Rizal. It is actually part of the second district of Muntinlupa City, Emerald City of Metro Manila which has two districts: DISTRICT I composed of Tunasan, Poblacion, Putatan and Bayanan; and DISTRICT II comprised of Alabang, Ayala Alabang, Cupang, Buli, and Sucat. Note that Barangay Alabang is different from Ayala Alabang Village which has become a separate Barangay in 1981.)
Development in Alabang started in the late 1980s. From what was once a vast pasture land for cows, Alabang was transformed into a "super city". The development can be attributed to the rise of the Filinvest Corporate City and Ayala Land's Madrigal Business Park. These two large-scale real estate projects gave Muntinlupa City a "facelift" and greatly contributed to its progress as new residential villages flourished alongside with the development of business, industrial and commercial establishments.
Observers opine that Alabang seems to be divided into two sectors now: The elite side at the west which includes villages of the rich and famous, malls, skyscrapers at the corporate city, exclusive private schools, banks, hotels,etc.; and the "rurban" area at the east which is a fusion of rural and urban commercial and residential areas, including slums and "tiangges" or flea markets.
The landmarks and popular places of interest in Alabang are the Alabang Town Center and the Festival Supermall, the Asian Hospital and Medical Center, the imposing Insular Life Towers, and the Northgate Cyberzone where IT (information and technology) industries are located.
Alabang is about 22 kilometers South of Metro Manila, located on the southwestern coast of Laguna de Bay, bounded on the north by Taguig, on the northwest by Paranaque, on the west by Las Pinas, on the southwest by the Province of Cavite, south by the Province of Laguna and on the east by Laguna de Bay.
It is normally about 15-20 minutes' drive from Makati via the South Luzon Expressway, but with the ongoing construction of the Skyway Stage 2 Project, it now takes about 40-45 minutes. When the Skyway connecting Metro Manila to Alabang is finished in May 2011, travel time will be much less.
Fortunately, Alabang was designed for integrated community living, allowing residents to enjoy the conveniences of modern life without going to Makati or Manila.
The Old Spaghetti House is one of my hubby's favorite restaurants. He likes their spaghetti and other pastas in... more travel advice
Yellow Cab Festival Branch has the same interior motif and menu as other Yellow Cab outlets. However, service is quite... more travel advice
- See All Just Laze While The Kids Play
- Special Treatment For Senior Citizens
- See All High End & Imported Items
cyndymc's Related Pages
Alabang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alabang "Super City""
- "Alabang, the heart of Muntinlupa City"
- "A Village that Overtaken it's Town in Popularity!"
- "Alabang, Near ManilaBut Still Not A s Chaotic!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alabang
- Hotels in Alabang
- Transportation in Alabang
- Nightlife in Alabang
- Restaurants in Alabang
- Shopping in Alabang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alabang
- 42 Reviews
- 129 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Alabang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alabang
Photos in AlabangSee All Photos (129)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues