"Cool Town of Alfonso" Alfonso by cyndymc
Alfonso Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 46 photos
In the 17th century, a few small settlements mushroomed in Indang, Cavite, which later grew into sitios, then into barrios. This cluster of communities became a separate district municipality from Indang on May 16,1859 and was called Alas-as by the locals. It was called by that name after the alas-as tree which was abundant in the area and was commonly used as timber for building houses. After 17 years, the town was renamed Alfonso in honor of Alfonso XII, son of Isabel II of Spain.
Alfonso is an upland town in the southwestern part of Cavite, bounded on the west by Magallanes, on the south by Batangas, on the east by Mendez and Tagaytay, on the northwest by Gen. Aguinaldo, and the northeast by Indang.
Alfonso is 74 kms. from Manila via Tagaytay. It also offers a good view of Taal Volcano and Taal Lake from its ridges.
Alfonso is bounded on the East by Tagaytay, and many Country Clubs and Spa Resorts in Alfonso are being sought by tourists from Tagaytay, so much so that it is often mistaken as still part of Tagaytay. It is also sometimes mistaken as a part of Batangas.
Sonya's Garden is a favorite get-away, an ideal place for spa, massage, organic food dining & nature tripping, and is now a popular venue for wedding receptions.
- Pros:Beautiful and refreshing place very near Tagaytay
- Cons:Often mistaken as still part of Tagaytay
Alfonso, Cavite is so near, just after Tagaytay City, so it is very easy to go to for a joyride. VTers Barbie a.k.a.... more travel advice
Whenever we have Balikbayan relatives and friends, we bring them to Royale Tagaytay Country Club to savor any of the... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Alfonso Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Alfonso
- 6 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Alfonso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alfonso
Photos in AlfonsoSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues