"Amadeo, Top Coffee Producer of Cavite" Amadeo by cyndymc
Amadeo Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos
Only 10 minutes from Tagaytay is the small town of Amadeo, a big-timer in coffee production. As the number 1 coffee producer in the province of Cavite, top coffee manufacturing firms in the country have given Amadeo their thumbs-up.
What I find "cute" about the town is its pride as coffee producer which shows in the giant coffee kettle and cup statues infront of the municipal building and boundary marker in the highway.
As the number 1 coffee producer of Cavite, Amadeo holds the Pahimis Festival annualy. It is a thanksgiving offering to God for the bounty He has gifted Amadeo town & people.
One morning, the town celebration was featured on GMA7's morning show, "Unang Hirit". We hurried to the site, since our house is only about an hour's drive. Unfortunately, the program was over when we arrived, and display booths were not yet ready at the Plaza. But we were happily received by representatives of Great Taste, a coffee producer/marketer who is a partner of Pahimis Festival. We were invited to return the following day and the weekend, but we already have other pre-scheduled travel...Maybe, next year, I'll be able to share more pictures.
Amadeo is aggressively launching its eco-tourism zone. Beautiful natural formations like the Balite Falls were developed by the local government to promote eco-tourism.
A missed activity led to a wonderful discovery! Since we were in the area, I asked about the Balite Falls which I read about in the internet. To our pleasant surprise, the road to the said falls have been paved and so we went for an ocular survey.
Balite Falls may not be majestic as the other waterfalls in the country, but its petite beauty as a natural water formation amidst the lush greens is something I can positively predict to be a popular tourist destination.
- In a nutshell:"More Than Just Coffee!"
Beside the Plaza of Amadeo is the St. Mary Magdalene Church. During World War II, it was used as a garrison by the... more travel advice
Not very far from the town proper (3.5 kms from poblacion) is Barangay Halang of Amadeo which boasts of a beautiful... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Amadeo Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Amadeo
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Amadeo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amadeo
Photos in AmadeoSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues