"Beautiful Antipolo City" Top 5 Page for this destination Antipolo by cyndymc
Antipolo Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 190 photos
As the popular song goes, "Tayo na sa Antipolo" (Let's Go To Antipolo)... but first, some basic info about the place.
Named after the "Tipolo" trees that are abundant in the area, Antipolo is located in the central part of the Province of Rizal. It is about 26 kms. from the City of Manila, bounded on the north by San Mateo and Rodriguez (formerly Montalban); on the east by Gen. Nakar, Quezon; on the southeast by Tanay; on the south by Angono, Taytay and Teresa; and on the west by Cainta and Marikina.
Antipolo is associated with the Cathedral of Our Lady of Peace & Good Voyage.
Antipolo is also equated with the Hinulugang Taktak Falls which was so beautiful then, so much so that it was mentioned in a popular folk song.
It still looks majestic... until you notice what polution has done to this once natural wonder. One of my personal advocacies is to create awareness of the need to control pollution in Antipolo to restore the grandeur of Hinulugang Taktak Falls. It is an irony that the road sign says it is a "Protected Landscape" by the Department of Environment & Natural Resources.
Mention Antipolo, and immediately what comes to mind aside from the Cathedral and Hinulugang Taktak Falls is the local delicacy "suman" (steamed sticky rice mixed with sugar and coconut cream wrapped in coconut leaves), and cashew nuts. Cashew nuts are very expensive in Manila and elsewhere because of the delicate process of peeling the cashew nut. (The sap "burns" the skin.) In Antipolo, you can buy it plain roasted or fried, or as "mazapan" or sweetened cashew brittle.
If you are a photography enthusiast, you'll enjoy having macro shots of flowers at the PACEM Eco Park. more travel advice
PACEM Eco-Park in Antipolo was set up by the Assumption Sisters to raise consciousness and concern for the environment,... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Antipolo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Antipolo City"
- "My Hometown"
- "Holy week in Antipolo"
- "A Quick Retreat from the hustle and bustle"
- "-my HOME-"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antipolo
- Hotels in Antipolo
- Transportation in Antipolo
- Nightlife in Antipolo
- Restaurants in Antipolo
- Shopping in Antipolo
- Warnings and Dangers in Antipolo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antipolo
- 9 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Antipolo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antipolo
Photos in AntipoloSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues