"Bagac: Town With Exquisite Beauty" Bagac by cyndymc
Bagac Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 165 photos
About 151 kms. from Manila and only 27.82 kms. away from Balanga City is the coastal town of Bagac, located on the western side of Bataan. It has become popular in the tourism front because of its beautiful coastline and pristine beaches.
Bagac is the biggest town in terms of land area, covering 16.84% of the total province. It has a land area of 23,120 hectares, and is comprised of 14 barangays. The town is rich in agricultural and aquatic resources, and the local government is bent on utilizing, preserving, and nurturing their prime agricultural lands instead of converting them into industrial or residential sites.
Bagac is mentioned in history books as the site where the infamous Death March of the Filipino and American prisoners of war (POWs) started in 1942, when they were forced to march until Camp O’ Donell in Capas,Tarlac. Actually, the Death March originated from two points in Bataan: from Mariveles on April 10 and from Bagac on April 11, so you will find the Zero Kilometer Death March Marker in Bagac aside from Mariveles.
I went to the left side of the cove to take pictures. Curiousity got the better of me so I went further to see the site... more travel advice
After dinner, you can have nice chats with coffee or a night cap at El Meson or Talisay Terrace. No special dress... more travel advice
- Sunblock & Other Personal Necessities
- See All Finer Sands & Nice View At Old Montemar
- See All Beach Volleyball
- See All Beachwear, Souvenir T-shirts & Bags
cyndymc's Related Pages
Bagac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar"
- "Bagac: Town With Exquisite Beauty"
- "BAGAC, OUR BATAAN GETAWAY"
- "Bagac, Bataan"
- "Ang Litson...bow!"
- "fun fun fun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bagac
- Hotels in Bagac
- Transportation in Bagac
- Nightlife in Bagac
- Restaurants in Bagac
- Shopping in Bagac
- Warnings and Dangers in Bagac
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bagac
- 28 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Bagac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bagac
Photos in BagacSee All Photos (91)
Videos in BagacSee All Videos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues