Balicasag Island Things to Do Tips by cyndymc
Balicasag Island Things to Do: 4 reviews and 20 photos
Start Of Our Walk Around The Island
The 25-hectare island can be toured in 30-45 minutes, depending on what you'd like to see. Aside from going to the Lighthouse and Watch Tower, you can have a glimpse of the community structures, have a feel of the simple living of Balicasag folks, and see the flora and fauna of the island.
After we placed our things in the picnic shed and ordered our food, our dolphin spotter/guide led us to see things around Balicasag. We just walked; there were no tricycles in the island. He brought us first to the Lighthouse and Watch Tower. Then, he brought us to their church which I imagined to be an old picturesque structure, but it turned out to be an ordinary looking chapel. He kept on walking and we kept on following him;-) He showed us their public school, basketball court and "Bahay Pulungan" (Community Meeting Venue) of local officials.
I thought, what's the big deal, what's extraordinary here? But I checked myself as I saw how kind and patient our guide was. I thought he might just be thinking how he could impress upon us that they also have a school, basketball court and Community Meeting Place there. In the province, it meant a lot to have those structures in their village.
Address: Balicasag Island
Me & Grandson Scrutinizing Watchtower
The centuries-old Balicasag Watchtower served as beacon to sailors and watchpoint for possible island marauders. The original tower is no longer in use, but it still stands beside the new Lighthouse as a monument to the Island's history.
Address: Balicasag Island, Bohol
Directions: a few meters from the new lighthouse
New Balicasag Lighthouse
Standing close to the old Watchtower is the modern Balicasag Lighthouse. Since the old watch tower is no longer in use, the new lighthouse now serves as beacon to fishermen and boatmen.
Address: Balicasag Island
Directions: left side of old watch tower
More Reviews (1)
cyndymc's Related Pages
Balicasag Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BALICASAG ISLAND, BOHOL"
- "Balicasag, One Of Must-See Places In Bohol"
- "The Jacks and the Jackass of All Trades"
- "Dive Balicasag Island"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Puerto Galera
- Ballinteer Hotels
- Seychelles Hotels
- Island Beach State Park Hotels
- Old Chelsea Hotels
Badges & Stats in Balicasag Island
- 4 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Balicasag Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Balicasag Island
Photos in Balicasag IslandSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues