"Bangui, Small Town With Awesome Landscape" Top 5 Page for this destination Bangui by cyndymc
Bangui Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 166 photos
Bangui is a small town at the Northwest tip of Ilocos Norte, about 1 1/2 hours away from Laoag City. At the Bangui Bay, winds coming mostly from the South China Sea are swept towards the land. To make full use of the potential benefit of these winds, wind turbines were installed along the shore facing the sea. These giant windmills put Bangui on the tourist map as more and more people knew about the beautiful sight of the Bangui Windmill Farm. Some call it simply the Bangui Wind Farm; some have refer to it as "Holland of the Philippines".
The first time we saw the Bangui Windmill Farm was in 2008 when we joined the Northern Exposure Tour. That time, we saw the windmills only from afar, specifically from the Bangui View Deck and also from Saud Beach in Pagudpud.
The second time we went to Bangui, we went to the very site of the Bangui Windmills at Pebble Beach in Baruyen, Bangui. We went very early in the morning for a sunrise photo shoot. Coming from Pagudpud, we were all anxious as we rode our van, afraid that we might not catch the break of dawn as the colors were already out in the sky. Luckily, we reached the place in time to catch wonderful "color show" of sunrise
It seems I will never tire of returning to Bangui, specifically the Windmill Farm. There are so many things else I would like to do, many nooks and crannies I would like to explore. It would be a joy being there again.
A makeshift store in one of the sheds along the shore sells various souvenir items. Haggling for a discount is... more travel advice
For convenience, we chartered an air-conditioned van to take us from Pagudpud to Bangui. That way, we didn't have a... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Bangui Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangui, Small Town With Awesome Landscape"
- "Bangui: Renewable Energy Capital ofthe Philippines"
- "Bangui Windmills"
- "Jumping at the Bangui Windmills"
- "AMAZING Bangui Windmills"
- "Bangui Windmills, feels like Don Quijote"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangui
- Hotels in Bangui
- Transportation in Bangui
- Shopping in Bangui
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangui
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangui
- 8 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Bangui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangui
- Posted in Travel Cagayan de Oro Forum "Re: Arm and hammer washing soda"
- created a Bangui Travelogue "From Cool Pastels To Blue Sky At The Windmill Farm"
- Uploaded a Photo to "From Cool Pastels To Blue Sky At The Windmill Farm"
- Wrote a Review Windmill Souvenir Items in Bangui Shopping
- Uploaded a Video to Bangui
Photos in BanguiSee All Photos (34)
Videos in BanguiSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues