"Clark Special Economic Zone (CSEZ)" Camp Clark by cyndymc
Camp Clark Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 346 photos
I am neither an investor nor a tourist enjoying the casino, but I like going back to Clark for their annual International Hot Air Balloon Festival. Each year, there are new developments/improvements in the festival, but one thing sure, the event is no longer monopolized by hot air balloons. It has evolved into a "festival of everything that flies".
For many, many years, Clark was a US Air Force Base, serving as home to American pilots assigned to the Pacific. It used to be the largest US Military Base and Air Field outside the USA mainland.
The Military Base ceased operations after 100 hundred years of occupation, at the height of the devastating eruption of Mt. Pinatubo. Most of the American soldiers returned home to the US, but many have chosen to retire and stay, after all, they have considered Angeles City their second home.
Clark has become a model for Filipino resiliency and industry. The Camp community, once devastated by the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo, has successfully "risen from the ashes" and is now known as the Clark Special Economic Zone (CSEZ). It has attracted investors in the Special Economic Zone, and has also become a place for leisure and entertainment. It now plays host to hundreds of local and foreign investment companies, including several call centers. The opening of the international airport in Clark also helped in making the place an economic haven, as evidenced by the rise of world-class hotels, resorts, golf courses, casinos, shopping mall and restaurants. Clark now enjoys being dubbed "the hub for business, industry, aviation, and tourism in the Philippines as well as the entertainment and gaming center of Asia."
French Baker is another favorite of my family. Whenever we travel, we buy asado rolls, puff pastries, blueberry muffins... more travel advice
Giant kite flying is such an enjoyable activity to join/watch. Simultaneously as the paragliders soar and dive, the... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Camp Clark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CLARK, ANGELES"
- "Former American Playground"
- "Former US Airforce Base, Now a Duty Free Port"
- "Clark Museum"
- "Clark, Province of Pampanga"
- "My Favorite Breakfast Getaway!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Camp Clark
- Hotels in Camp Clark
- Transportation in Camp Clark
- Nightlife in Camp Clark
- Restaurants in Camp Clark
- Shopping in Camp Clark
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Camp Clark
- 12 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Camp Clark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Camp Clark
Photos in Camp ClarkSee All Photos (87)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues