"The Beautiful Town of Candelaria" Candelaria by cyndymc
Candelaria Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 40 photos
Candelaria is a 4th Class Municipality of Zambales, known for its pristine beaches and blue seas waters. It is nestled at the foot of Zambales Range in the east and lies along coastline of the South China Sea in the west. With a total land area of 437.6 sq. kms., Candelaria is the the third-largest town in Zambales.
There are many stories abut how the town got its name. One version is that the town could have been derived from the name of the wife of the first Alcalde Mayor, who named the town after her as a birthday gift. Another version cites a story of the Spanish seeing many candles in the place and thus, called it the place of candles. As the years passed, it was customarily called Candelaria.
Barrio Uacon in Candelaria, Zambales is now known for its magnificent mountains on the Northern side, the pristine seascape, and the spectacular sunset. It is in Uacon where Potipot Island, a favorite tourist destination can be found.
Potipot Island has been attracting local and foreign tourists because of its deep blue waters and pinkish-cream to opalescent white sand. It is a private Island opened by the owner to the public for minimal fees (different rates for day tour guests and camping or overnight guests). The island is accessible by banca from Dawal, and it takes only 3-5 minutes to reach it.
Driving in the National Highway enroute Candelaria requires a lot of patience and defensive driving skills. You have to... more travel advice
As in other towns in Zambales, the tricycle is the most common mode of transportation. They pass not only the small side... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Candelaria Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Candelaria
- Hotels in Candelaria
- Transportation in Candelaria
- Restaurants in Candelaria
- Warnings and Dangers in Candelaria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Candelaria
- 9 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Candelaria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Candelaria
Photos in CandelariaSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues