"All Roads Lead To Capas" Capas by cyndymc
Capas Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 153 photos
In the past, I only associated Capas with three things: my dad's death march experience which he luckily survived; my mom and dad's first meeting at Camp O'Donnell (my dad took care of my mom's brother who was also a prisoner of war); and our pitstop whenever we made our monthly pilgrimage to Manaoag... Today, I have more fond memories of Capas.
I never realized that Capas which lies in the southwest corner of Tarlac was the gateway to Mt. Pinatubo's Crater; I thought tourists had to go through Clark or Subic to get there. It was only recently, when we decided to go to Mt. Pinatubo for a year-ender travel that I realized, "all roads lead to Capas".
Since Mt Pinatubo is geographically located at intersecting points of Tarlac, Pampanga and Zambales, my Capas Travel Page will cover ONLY the pre-Pinatubo trek tips and travelogues. The trek and Pinatubo Crater Lake experience will be featured in Botolan & Province of Zambales Pages.
Visiting the Capas National Shrine in Capas made me remember with pride my dad's sacrifices as a soldier. Though the memorial shrine cannot compare with the awesome architectural beauty of the shrine in Mt. Samat, it nevertheless symbolizes the great honor bestowed upon the numerous American and Filipino soldiers who sacrificed limbs and life for the sake of liberty.
For the past 7 years, the recommended trail to Mt. Pinatubo crater has been the 30-km nature-formed streambed along... more travel advice
Beltbag and small backpack Cargo shorts/pants, trekking shoes or sturdy sandals with good traction, tees/top made of... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Capas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mt. Pinatubo Trek"
- "Mt. Pinatubo"
- "MT. PINATUBO"
- "All Roads Lead To Capas"
- "Where the Action Began"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Capas
- 16 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Capas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Capas
Photos in CapasSee All Photos (93)
Videos in CapasSee All Videos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues