"All Roads Lead To Capas" Capas by cyndymc

Capas Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 153 photos

Capas, Gateway To Mt. Pinatubo

In the past, I only associated Capas with three things: my dad's death march experience which he luckily survived; my mom and dad's first meeting at Camp O'Donnell (my dad took care of my mom's brother who was also a prisoner of war); and our pitstop whenever we made our monthly pilgrimage to Manaoag... Today, I have more fond memories of Capas.

I never realized that Capas which lies in the southwest corner of Tarlac was the gateway to Mt. Pinatubo's Crater; I thought tourists had to go through Clark or Subic to get there. It was only recently, when we decided to go to Mt. Pinatubo for a year-ender travel that I realized, "all roads lead to Capas".

Since Mt Pinatubo is geographically located at intersecting points of Tarlac, Pampanga and Zambales, my Capas Travel Page will cover ONLY the pre-Pinatubo trek tips and travelogues. The trek and Pinatubo Crater Lake experience will be featured in Botolan & Province of Zambales Pages.

Healing The Wounds Of History

Visiting the Capas National Shrine in Capas made me remember with pride my dad's sacrifices as a soldier. Though the memorial shrine cannot compare with the awesome architectural beauty of the shrine in Mt. Samat, it nevertheless symbolizes the great honor bestowed upon the numerous American and Filipino soldiers who sacrificed limbs and life for the sake of liberty.

• Last visit to Capas: Dec 2009
  • Intro Updated Dec 29, 2009

Comments

cyndymc

“Leave a positive mark wherever you go”

Badges & Stats in Capas