Caramoan Off The Beaten Path Tips by cyndymc Top 5 Page for this destination
Caramoan Off The Beaten Path: 5 reviews and 9 photos
View Of Islets From Kabutonan
Our boatmen brought us to a place they call Kabutonan. You can see Catanduanes clearly from the beach. I thought it was part of an inland town, but they said it is an island. This island is not normally included in the island hopping tour, but Mardy (our boatman-guide) usually brings his guests there for a treat of fresh "buko" (young coconut) and cool water coming from a natural spring under a big, old tree. Aside from a treat of natural refreshments, he brought us there also because he noticed my hubby loved taking shots of rock formations and seascapes. There were indeed such awesome rock formations at the beach.
Walking around the beach, I noticed that there were only 3 houses. They are all relatives engaged in fishing, making "bagoong" (fermented small fish) and making "banka" (small native boats).
I cannot forget Kabutonan where the hospitality and simplicity of the locals warmed my heart; where I tasted the sweetest "buko" juice in my life; where the beach was unique with some areas having fine light brown sand and some areas with pebbly sand; where fantastic rock formations provided excellent "frames" for a view of islets; where the sun was bright but the wind so cool; where I witnessed how families relied solely on their resourcefulness and diligence for their livelihood; where the sight of malnourished children tugged my heart, making me promise to come back with nutritional assistance for them (hubby gave the last of our lunch pack to them, and my heart hurt all the more when they hankered for the food.)
More Reviews (40)
- A Little Of Everything You Need
- See All What Your Tourist Guide Or Hotel Won't...
- Don't Be Stranded In Caramoan Guijalo...
- See All Bottled Sands of Caramoan
- See All Product Of Caramoan Creativity: Unique...
cyndymc's Related Pages
Caramoan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caramoan's Unspoiled Beauty"
- "Caramoan Peninsula Paradise of Camarines Sur"
- "Caramoan Peninsula"
- "A Paradise"
- "Wild wild Caramoan"
- "Caramoan, Camarines Sur"
- "Caramoan: Philippine's Secret Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caramoan
- Hotels in Caramoan
- Transportation in Caramoan
- Nightlife in Caramoan
- Restaurants in Caramoan
- Shopping in Caramoan
- Warnings and Dangers in Caramoan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Baveno Hotels
- Al Khawd Hotels
- Port Henderson Hotels
- Bet She'an Hotels
- Obernburg am Main
- Rapperswil Off The Beaten Path
- Dominican Republic Off The Beaten Path
- Claude Monet's Garden in Giverny
- Hampshire Off The Beaten Path
- Aix-en-Provence Off The Beaten Path
- New Smyrna Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Francisville Off The Beaten Path
- Vanuatu Off The Beaten Path
- Basant Festival
- Punta Cana Off The Beaten Path
- Vintgar gorge
- Beaumont Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Caramoan
- 41 Reviews
- 169 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Caramoan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caramoan
- Posted in Travel Boracay Island Forum "Re: Lonely Planet Shops"
- Uploaded a Photo to "From Sabang Shore To The Boat"
- Wrote a Review A Little Of Everything You Need in Caramoan What to Pack
- Uploaded a Video to Caramoan
- updated a Caramoan Travelogue "Leaving Caramoan"
- Commented on one of moymoydtraveller's Caramoan travel pages
Photos in CaramoanSee All Photos (169)
Videos in CaramoanSee All Videos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues