Caramoan Hotel Tips by cyndymc Top 5 Page for this destination
Caramoan Hotels: 36 reviews and 58 photos
Caramoan Bed & Dine
We did not stay in this place, but are considering it for our next trip to Caramoan. I was introduced to the owner of Caramoan Bed and Dine by a new friend, a Caramoan local whom we met in Naga City, Neheil "Calet" Plopinio. He works at the local government unit. The owner of Caramoan Bed & Dine is a colleague, Alan Lejarde. We met him, and didn't expect him to be so young.
Caramoan Bed & Dine is an offshoot of the popular restaurant, Kamalig Grill located at Centro. Riddled by a slight oversight for the alleged misuse of a patented name, the owners of Kamalig Grill decided to convert their home into "Caramoan's friendliest Pension House and Fine Dining Resto". Their staff welcome everyone with smiling faces and cheerful greetings. Their goal is "100% Guest Satisfaction", promising to consistently improve their services and amenities.
The Caramaoan B&D facilities include the following:
Pension House good for 6 pax has 2 airconditioned bedrooms, a living room w/
cable TV, dining area, toilet and bath for only P1800/day. Local TV and foreign media crew have used this type of accomodation. Families traveling together also prefer this place.
Room rates for other airconditioned rooms:*
Violet Room Php 1400/day - good for 4pax,1 queen size bed,1 double size bed
Yellow Room Php 1200/day - good for 2pax, 1 double size bed
Mocha Room Php 850/day - good for 2pax, 1 double size bed with toilet and bath
* Guests can use the living area w/ cable TV, dining area and comfort room of the
Caramoan Bed & Dine also has packaged tours (accomodation +island hopping tour).
Unique Qualities: Caramoan Bed & Dine is like a home away from home. Though you can use their kitchenette, their very own native restaurant will already satisfy you with freshly cooked dishes. Though the establishment has a new name, the restaurant is still referred to by locals and tourists as Kamalig Grill.
Address: Real St., Brgy. Tawog, Caramoan
Directions: same street as Rex Tourist Inn
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Our Room @ Rex Tourist Inn
We learned about Rex Tourist Inn through blog reviews. It seemed a popular choice in Centro, chosen by many because of its reasonable accommodation rates and packaged tours.
I was surprised to see that it was on the 2nd floor of a hardware and general merchandise store. The staff greeted us and led us to the front desk which was in the middle of a simple but nice living room that had an adjacent veranda for smokers and street onlookers. We were then ushered to our appointed airconditioned twin-sharing room. For P1,000, it had its own comfort room and hot & cold shower. There are other rooms. Price range of accommodation is from P300 (fan rooms) to P500 up to P2,500 (airconditioned rooms, with private or shared bathrooms).
Rex Tourist Inn serves food only to those who have availed of their packaged tours (shuttle service from Naga+boatride+accomodation+food+island hopping). However, guests who have not availed of the packaged tours are referred to the owners' restaurant nearby, Lutong Bahay.
Customer Service is generally okay; could have been better if we didn't have to ask for our towels, tissue paper and soap. I wonder why these things are not automatically placed in the room. (Made me think they could save if guests didn't ask for them.)
Although our room was airconditioned, we could still hear the noise of other guests talking loudly as they prepared for their trip early morning. I learned that many of them were at the corridor lining up for the common bathroom, that is why their voices "echoed". This is quite disconcerting, especially when you want to wake up a little bit later. The staff did not make an effort to call the attention of the noisy guests to keep quiet so as not to disturb other guests.
Unique Qualities: Except for its nice, peaceful location, I couldn't think of anything else that is a plus factor.
Address: Real St., Barangay Tawog, Caramoan
Comparison: about average
Directions: From Guijalo Port, take tricycle to Centro. All trike drivers know Rex Tourist Inn.
More Reviews (39)
- A Little Of Everything You Need
- See All What Your Tourist Guide Or Hotel Won't...
- Don't Be Stranded In Caramoan Guijalo...
- See All Bottled Sands of Caramoan
- See All Product Of Caramoan Creativity: Unique...
cyndymc's Related Pages
Caramoan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caramoan's Unspoiled Beauty"
- "Caramoan Peninsula Paradise of Camarines Sur"
- "Caramoan Peninsula"
- "A Paradise"
- "Wild wild Caramoan"
- "Caramoan, Camarines Sur"
- "Caramoan: Philippine's Secret Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caramoan
- Hotels in Caramoan
- Transportation in Caramoan
- Nightlife in Caramoan
- Restaurants in Caramoan
- Shopping in Caramoan
- Warnings and Dangers in Caramoan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Abbey Lodge Blackpool
- Travelodge Dumbarton
- Iberostar Otrant Beach
- Arathena Rocks Hotel
- Red Lion Inn Klamath Falls
- Premier Inn Edinburgh (Inveresk)
- Terra Nostra Garden Hotel
- Galaxy Hotel Iraklio
- Hotel Manastir
- Coqui del Mar
- Klamath Inn
- Country Inn & Suites Orlando-Maingate at Calypso Cay Resort
- Hotel Aster Inn
- Residence 6 Luxury Serviced Apartments
Badges & Stats in Caramoan
- 41 Reviews
- 169 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Caramoan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caramoan
- Posted in Travel Panglao Island Forum "Re: Panglao Island Tour"
- Uploaded a Photo to "From Sabang Shore To The Boat"
- Wrote a Review A Little Of Everything You Need in Caramoan What to Pack
- Uploaded a Video to Caramoan
- updated a Caramoan Travelogue "Leaving Caramoan"
- Commented on one of moymoydtraveller's Caramoan travel pages
Photos in CaramoanSee All Photos (169)
Videos in CaramoanSee All Videos (9)
Read real reviews about Caramoan Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues