"Caramoan's Unspoiled Beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan by cyndymc
Caramoan Travel Guide: 158 reviews and 487 photos
Caramoan has been in our wish list of must-see destinations for about a year. We were supposed to join a photo buddy on a road trip, but we decided not to go to Bicol with our car. Lest we postpone our going there again, hubby and I decided to explore the place on our own...Yes, no family member or friends or photo buddies with us, nor a tour group to coordinate our activities.
We decided not to bring our car to Bicol, as the long drive would be too tiring. We didn't want to commute by bus either, as we didn't want to experience the same discomforts that we had when we went to Baler, Aurora. We took a plane to Naga City, and from there, we took a van to Sabang Port. No, we didn't proceed immediately to Sabang from the Naga Airport in Pili, Camarines Sur (we decided to stay overnight in Naga City to visit some churches) though actually, if you take the first flight to Naga City, you can very well proceed to Sabang Port, then to Guijalo Port and onwards to Caramoan Centro.
What is so special about Caramoan? Well, we'd like to see the much-talked about places in Caramoan while commercialism has not yet exploited/altered much of its natural beauty. Because Caramoan has been featured in local and foreign television programs, local and foreign tourists took notice and started to explore the peninsula and nearby enigmatic islands. Today, Caramoan is equated with crystal clear aquamarine waters, stretches of pristine sugar-fine white beaches, exotic flora, diverse marine life, beautiful coastline of blue-green mountains, intriguing ancient caves and lagoons, and unique rock formations.
Caramoan is one of the 35 municipalities of the Province of Camarines Sur, occupying the lower eastern portion of the Caramoan Peninsula at the southernmost tip of Luzon. It is bounded on the north by the town of Garchitorena and the Pacific Ocean; on the northeast by the island province of Catanduanes; on the south by Lagonoy Gulf; on the east by the Maqueda Channel and on the west by the municipality of Presentacion. Caramoan is one of the National Parks of the Philippines, accessible by land or sea.
- Pros:An Awesome Place To Commune With Nature
- Cons:Natural Rock Formations Are Slowly Defaced By Vandalism; Islands Show Signs Of Littering By Tourists
- In a nutshell:A Hidden Paradise! Even If You'Ve Been There, You'll Be Coming Back For More!
From the same "store" where I bought my abaca slippers, on display were bottled Caramoan sands. I'm surprised to see the... more travel advice
Hubby took the photo of this unique type of transportation. It looked like a "hybrid" between a tricycle and a multicab.... more travel advice
- A Little Of Everything You Need
- Don't Be Stranded In Caramoan Guijalo...
- See All Handcrafted "Banka"
- Try Rock Climbing @ Matukad
cyndymc's Related Pages
Caramoan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caramoan's Unspoiled Beauty"
- "Caramoan Peninsula Paradise of Camarines Sur"
- "Caramoan Peninsula"
- "Caramoan Island Adventure"
- "A Paradise"
- "Wild wild Caramoan"
- "Caramoan, Camarines Sur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caramoan
- Hotels in Caramoan
- Transportation in Caramoan
- Nightlife in Caramoan
- Restaurants in Caramoan
- Shopping in Caramoan
- Warnings and Dangers in Caramoan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caramoan
- 41 Reviews
- 169 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Caramoan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caramoan
- Posted in Travel Cagayan de Oro Forum "Re: Arm and hammer washing soda"
- Uploaded a Photo to "From Sabang Shore To The Boat"
- Wrote a Review A Little Of Everything You Need in Caramoan What to Pack
- Uploaded a Video to Caramoan
- updated a Caramoan Travelogue "Leaving Caramoan"
- Commented on one of moymoydtraveller's Caramoan travel pages
Photos in CaramoanSee All Photos (169)
Videos in CaramoanSee All Videos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues