"Unforgettable Experience At Carmen" Carmen by cyndymc
Carmen Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 63 photos
The last place we visited in Bohol was the Chocolate Hills Complex in Carmen, Bohol. Our family had initially wanted to view the Chocolate Hills from Sagbayan Peak, but it was out of the way from our other destinations. On hind site, choosing the Carmen View Deck was good because we were actually on top of the tallest hill!
The rain poured hard while at Bilar, and didn't stop until we reached Carmen. We were all tired, quite angry about the weather:-( We had no choice but to brave the rain. Our tour driver had only 1 big umbrella which was not enough for the 5 of us. Hubby and I had hats, so we let the kids use the umbrella. I shielded my face and body with my scarf; my grandson commented that I looked like a Muslim.
We all managed to take some pictures, but the kids could have been happier if they had the chance to pose for trick shots (flying over the hills while riding on a witch's broom, holding the hill like a cupcake with our palm, jump shots,etc). Hubby was disappointed that he wasn't able to use his lenses. As for me, I was contented with a few shots, as long as I've seen Chocolate Hills, or should I say Pistachio Hills because they were green that time^_^
Carmen is blessed with rich natural resources, as evidenced by the lush greenery everywhere. It was believed to have been underwater many years ago, hence the geological lime formations in the area. According to the staff of the Chocolate Hills Complex, there are 1,268 of these perfectly cone-shaped hills located in central Bohol.
While it was a part of Bilar, the place was formerly called Imbaya. It was later renamed Carmen when it was declared an independent town, and was supposedly named after a popular female figure in the community.
I didn't realize that locals believed in the wishing well, but I gave it a second thought as local & foreign tourists... more travel advice
Go to the Chocolate Hills Complex in Carmen. The complex is actually located between a twin chocolate hill, and the... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Carmen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MAJESTIC CARMEN"
- "Unforgettable Experience At Carmen"
- "Gateway to the Chocolate Hills"
- "Hail the Hills"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Carmen
- Hotels in Carmen
- Shopping in Carmen
- Warnings and Dangers in Carmen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carmen
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Carmen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carmen
Photos in CarmenSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues