"Going Gaga In Daraga" Daraga by cyndymc
Daraga Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 95 photos
One of the places I failed to stop by during my workaholic days is Daraga, so for our Albay tour, it was on top of our list of must-see destinations.
Daraga is home to the Cagsawa Ruins National Park in Barangay Busay. Its main attraction is the Belfry of the Cagsawa Church which was submerged in mudflow during the fateful date, February 02, 1814 where 1,200 people were killed by the devastating eruption of Mayon Volcano.
Another popular tourist destination is the Church of Our Lady of the Gate constructed atop a hill overlooking the town of Daraga. Built in 1773, it is acknowledged as another architectural gem in Bicol, known for its rich baroque architecture.
Daraga is a land-locked municipality located in the Southwest portion of the Province of Albay, bounded on the north by Legaspi City; on the south by Pilar town of the Province of Sorsogon; on the east by Legaspi City and on the west by the towns of Camalig and Jovellar.
Daraga is acknowledged as the most progressive town not only in the Province of Albay, but in the whole Bicol Region. Daraga was chosen to be the future site of the Bicol International Airport. If it materializes, the presence of the airport will open more opportunities for this town, and further boost tourism in the region.
If there is the 7 Degrees Grill & Restaurant, there is the street BBQ Foodcart for budget travelers and locals. Aside... more travel advice
Ask any local, and they will gladly relate to you the legend of Mt. Mayon. Mayon was derived from from the Bikol word... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Daraga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Daragang Magayon?"
- "CAGSAWA CHURCH"
- "Going Gaga In Daraga"
- "Revisiting my Birthplace!"
- "Albay Vacation"
- "Mt Mayon"
- "The Beautiful Lady"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Daraga
- Hotels in Daraga
- Transportation in Daraga
- Restaurants in Daraga
- Shopping in Daraga
- Warnings and Dangers in Daraga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Daraga
- 13 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Daraga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Daraga
Photos in DaragaSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues