"My Memories of Guimaras Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Guimaras Island by cyndymc

Guimaras Island Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 390 photos

Hubby and I were scheduled to have a photoshoot of the 2011 Dinagyang Festival in Iloilo City, but we decided to go to Iloilo Province 2 days earlier than the festival dates so we could go to Guimaras Island. We've heard about the unspoiled natural beauty of Guimaras which many say rivals that of Boracay: its beautiful white sand beaches, clear and clean blue waters, rich marine life, interesting historical sites, and the sweetest mangoes in the Philippines. We didn't want to pass the opportunity to visit the island which was a mere 15 minutes ferry ride from Iloilo City. Though we spent only 2 days and 1 night in Guimaras, our trip was nonetheless memorable.

Guimaras Is An Island Province, Not Part Of Iloilo

First, I must clarify that Guimaras is actually not a part of Iloilo Province. Guimaras is one of the smallest provinces of the Philippines, an island province in the Western Visayas Region, located between the islands of Negros and Panay in the Panay Gulf. Southeast of Guimaras is the Province of Negros Occidental. A narrow channel separates Guimaras from Iloilo Province which is found northwest, and the 15 minutes or so pumpboat ride from Ortiz Wharf of Iloilo City to Jordan Wharf of Jordan, the capital of Guimaras makes it easy for tourists to go there.

• Last visit to Guimaras Island: Jan 2011
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2011

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:56 AM

nice page!! VT should update some of the places. Guimaras is part of Iloilo before but now it's an independent island province. Same with Alabang, it's not part of Rizal province but a component barangay of Muntinlupa city.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Cindy, your pages are an inspiration! Will certainly try to visit Guimaras island before attending Dinagyang festival. It sounds like a place I would very much enjoy. And besides, I LOVE mango!!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2011 at 6:58 PM

That looks really nice. I was actually very close to going there when i was in Bacolod. Well well, hopefully next time.

cyndymc

“Leave a positive mark wherever you go”

Badges & Stats in Guimaras Island

Have you been to Guimaras Island?