"Kalibo Stopover" Kalibo by cyndymc
Kalibo Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 213 photos
Kalibo is the capital town of Aklan and as such is the center of political, social, economic and religious activity. It is also the venue of the province's most popular tourism and religious festivity, the Sto. Niño Ati-atihan. Kalibo used to be the only gateway to Boracay before the Caticlan Airport was opened. Now, tourists aboard international flights from Korea, Shanghai,China and Taipei,Taiwan arrive regularly at Kalibo Airport, making Kalibo a top tourist drawer of Aklan aside from Boracay.
The first time we went to the Island of Boracay, we took a plane to Kalibo, Aklan and from there, took a jeep to Caticlan. The roads were rough then, so our bodies were not only battered, but full of dust from head to toe. Thanks to infrasturcture development!! Today, Kalibo's roads are paved so we had a pleasurable ride in an airconditioned van from Caticlan to the Kalibo Airport.
We had a British expat with us, and while he enjoyed his American breakfast, he couldn't help but notice how the male... more travel advice
For our recent trip, we flew from NAIA3 to Kalibo Airport via Cebu Pacific. We paid P7,778.24* already for 4 pax. This... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Kalibo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Kalibo!"
- "Home of the Ati-Atihan Festival."
- "Literally a flying visit."
- "Kalibo, Province of Aklan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kalibo
- Hotels in Kalibo
- Transportation in Kalibo
- Nightlife in Kalibo
- Restaurants in Kalibo
- Shopping in Kalibo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kalibo
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Kalibo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalibo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues