"La Trinidad, Must-See Destination In Benguet" La Trinidad by cyndymc
La Trinidad Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 33 photos
La Trinidad got its name when way back in the 1846, when a Spanish Military Official, Commandante de Galvey succeeded in establishing a commandancia or military garrison in a beautiful stretch of fertile flat land as the Spaniards were trying to explore and conquer the Cordillera. He was so impressed by the natural beauty of the valley so much so that he named the place after his beautiful wife, Trinidad.
(Note: My friend, Jayvee Olarte-Moltio, is a talented native of La Trinidad, and student of St. Louis University. He took this picture of an early morning view of La Trinidad. He gave me permission to share and post this on my Travel Page. )
Today, La Trinidad is a first class municipality and the the capital of Benguet, a landlocked province in Northern Luzon. La Trinidad is located 3 kms north of Baguio City and is 256 kms north of Manila, bounded on the north by the municipality of Tublay, on the south by Baguio, and on the west by Sablan and Tuba.
The municipality has a land area of 8273.80 hectares, and its terrain is generally mountainous with springs, rivers and creeks. La Trinidad's valley floor elevation is at 1300 meters above sea level, with elevation ranging from 500 to 1700 meters above sea level. Its cool climate is very conducive to high value vegetable crops, flowers and the very popular strawberries. The cut flower gardens have attracted many tourists to La Trinidad. Barangay Bahong is known as the "Rose Garden of the Philippines".
La Trinidad, formerly called "Salad Bowl of the Philippines", is now popularly called "Strawberry Fields of the Philippines". It figured in the Guinness Book of Records as the maker of the biggest strawberry cake.
If you're a mountain trekker, you can set a hike to KALUGONG VIEW POINT which offers a view of both sides of La Trinidad... more travel advice
Most of the vegetables in the Baguio Public Market come from La Trinidad. If you're going to the strawberry farm anyway,... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
La Trinidad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Trinidad Strawberry Farm"
- "La Trinidad, Must-See Destination In Benguet"
- "Salad and Strawberry Bowl of the Philippines"
- "La Trinidad"
- "Strawberry Fields Forever"
- "La Trinidad"
- "La Trinidad, Province of Benguet"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Trinidad
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to La Trinidad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Trinidad
Photos in La TrinidadSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues