"Passing By Ligao City" Ligao by cyndymc
Ligao Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 22 photos
From Tabaco, Albay we proceeded to Ligao City. On the way, hubby's photographer's eyes quickly spotted a river with big volcanic rocks so he requested the driver to stop; he wanted to take some shots. Seeing the almost dry river clogged with volcanic debris gave me goose pimples. I had a vision of Mt. Mayon's wrath as it ravaged the barangay.
After a long wait for hubby to finish his photography, we entered the poblacion to have lunch but we got lost. Nagkaligaw-ligaw kami. ("Ligaw" means get lost or go astray.) We entered unfamiliar roads while looking for a restaurant serving Bicolano dishes. Some locals helped us get out of the "maze " of interior streets. We still couldn't find the restaurant that I read about in a blog, but we finally settled for the restaurant recommended by locals. We had a satisfying, full lunch (though not the Bicolano dishes that I craved for) to prepare us for the whole afternoon's tour.
Alas, the weather wasn't cooperating with us. It showered again as we reached Kawa-kawa Hill so we weren't able to go up:(( We sought cover in a souvenir/religious store run by the Carmelite Sisters of a nearby monastery.
We then decided to proceed to Daraga, praying that the weather gets better so we can have a peek of Mt. Mayon from the Cagsawa Ruins Park.
The newly created city of Ligao is located 502 kilometers south of Manila, 27 kilometers from the Provincial Capitol of Albay and about 30 kilometers from Legaspi City. Centrally located in the 3rd District of Albay, it is bounded on the north by the municipality of Oas; on the south by the municipality of Guinobatan, Tabaco on the east and Pioduran on the West. Ligao City is located at the central part of the 3rd District of Albay, bounded on the north by Oas town, on the south by Guinobatan town, on the east by Tabaco, and Pioduran on the west.
The aftermath of Mt. Mayon's wrath left the Ligao River heavily silted with lahar and blocked by volcanic rocks. The... more travel advice
If you are a photo hobbyist, you can spend some time in Ligao River for a photo shoot. There are many interesting... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Ligao Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Ligao
- Restaurants in Ligao
- Shopping in Ligao
- Warnings and Dangers in Ligao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ligao
- 8 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Ligao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ligao
Photos in LigaoSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues