"Lucban - Tourist Destination & Pilgrim Site" Top 5 Page for this destination Lucban by cyndymc
Lucban Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 442 photos
The quaint town of Lucban is a 3rd class municipality of Quezon Province situated at the foot of Mount Banahaw.
Covering an area of 505 square kilometers, Lucban is 1400 feet above sea level, consisting of 32 barangays. It is bounded by Majayjay and Luisiana (towns of Laguna) in the North; Tayabas in the south; Sampaloc in the east, and Mount Banahaw in the west.
Lucban is 24 kilometers away from Lucena City, the capital of Quezon Province. From Manila, Lucban is about 160 kms. via Lucena, and 133 kms. via Sta. Cruz-Pagsanjan route in Laguna.
The Municipal Building of Lucban is strategically located, just across the Rizal Park and Patio Rizal Hotel, and very near business establishments, restaurants and the Parish Church.
The Local Government has been very active in promoting Lucban as the summer capital of Quezon. Now, the town has become popular for its religious festivity "Pahiyas", its culinary specialties (Longanisang Lucban & Pancit Habhab), and religious pilgrim sites (Kamay ni Hesus Shrine & St. Louis Bishop Parish Church). It is also known as an important educational center, being the home of Southern Luzon Polytechnic University.
Just as popular as Quezon's famous healing priest, Fr. Joey Faller, is the Kamay ni Hesus Shrine. Many people go to there for the healing masses of Fr. Faller and the Meditation gardens, most especially the Via Dolorosa Grotto of Healing & Way to Purification. The 50-ft image of the Ascending Christ is enshrined at the top of the hill.
- Pros:Unspoiled quaint town with many interesting places & events
- Cons:Only One Nice Hotel w/ Few Rooms in Poblacion; Narrow Streets
- In a nutshell:More Than Longanisa & Pancit Habhab
It would be such a waste of good memories if you don't bring your camera with you to capture the festive mood of Pahiyas... more travel advice
Long before producing and using eco-friendly products became popular, Lucbanins have already been making, selling and... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Lucban Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Lucban Homepage"
- "Lucban - Tourist Destination & Pilgrim Site"
- "Celebrating Lucban's fiesta in splendid colors"
- "May 15 is Pahiyas Festival Mark the Date"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lucban
- Hotels in Lucban
- Transportation in Lucban
- Nightlife in Lucban
- Restaurants in Lucban
- Shopping in Lucban
- Warnings and Dangers in Lucban
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lucban
- 27 Reviews
- 105 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Lucban?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lucban
- Posted in Travel Cagayan de Oro Forum "Re: Arm and hammer washing soda"
- updated a Lucban Travel Page "Lucban - Tourist Destination & Pilgrim Site"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lucban - Tourist Destination & Pilgrim Site"
- Wrote a Review Long Jeepney in Lucban Transportation
- Uploaded a Video to Lucban
- Commented on one of labyrnth29's Lucban travel pages
Photos in LucbanSee All Photos (105)
Videos in LucbanSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues