Manaoag Off The Beaten Path Tips by cyndymc
Manaoag Off The Beaten Path: 1 reviews and 0 photos
Just a few kms. from the church (I don't have exact address, but any local can help you with directions on how to go there) is the Virgin's Well where reportedly, water miraculously sprang from a field in a valley owned by a farmer who dreamt of Our Lady of Manaoag instructing him to give out healing water to the sick. When we went there years ago, there was no road going down to the valley, and our car had to traverse bumpy dirt road.
Faucets have been installed to make it easier for pilgrims to get water. We were allowed to get free healing water; fortunately, we had empty mineral water bottles. There are some enterprising locals who sell big plastic bottles to pilgrims who don't have empty bottles.
There is a small pool, as well as some private cubicles where sick pilgrims can take a dip or shower. Miraculous healings have reportedly been witnessed.
To make it even much easier for pilgrims to avail of the healing water from the Virgin's Well, the Dominicans have gotten a regular supply of the water, and freely give to interested pilgrims upon request. Just bring your empty mineral water bottle or Holy Water bottle to the counter near the Vehicle Blessing Area and the church volunteer will gladly fill it up for you. (Please!!! No pails or drums!!! )
More Reviews (12)
cyndymc's Related Pages
Manaoag Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Manaoag, The Blessed Town"
- "MANAOAG, PANGASINAN"
- "A Pilgrimage town in Pangasinan"
- "A MARIAN PILGRIMAGE SITE"
- "Feast of Our Lady Of Manaoag"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manaoag
- Hotels in Manaoag
- Restaurants in Manaoag
- Shopping in Manaoag
- See All...
Explore the World
- Guayama Hotels
- Blackwater Hotels
- Barretstown Castle Hotels
- Port Hedland
- Mount Eliza Hotels
- Prefecture of Samos
- Padova Off The Beaten Path
- Australia Off The Beaten Path
- Local Places
- Warsaw Off The Beaten Path
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Off The Beaten Path
- Morro de Sao Paulo
- Rockingham Off The Beaten Path
- Montepulciano Off The Beaten Path
- Guadalajara Off The Beaten Path
- Prachuap Khiri Khan Off The Beaten Path
- Bendigo Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Manaoag
- 13 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Manaoag?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manaoag
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues