Manaoag Things to Do Tips by cyndymc
Manaoag Things to Do: 8 reviews and 22 photos
Remember to pass by the Museum of Our Lady of Manaoag. It is a reliquary of religious icons (pilgrimage images of Our Lady) and articles, vestments, as well as gifts (perfume, jewelry,etc) of devotees to Our Lady. I personally find the dim light and quiet atmosphere in the museum "spine-tingling".
Taking photos and videos inside the museum are prohibited.
Address: Manaoag, Pangasinan
Directions: Beside the Parish Office of the Shrine of Our Lady of Manaoag
Just before each mass, the priest blesses vehicles of pilgrims. There is a designated area for vehicle blessing, where the owner-driver waits for the priest and participates in the prayers before the blessing. After the blessing, the owner of the vehicles is supposed to drop any amount as donation in a drop box, then transfer the vehicle to the parking space for pilgrims.
Address: Manaoag Church
Directions: Right side of the Entrance Gate to Parking Space at the back of the Church
Our Lady of Manaoag in the Rosary Garden
There is nothing so relieving for the weary soul and weak body than that undescribable peace one gets at the Rosary Garden in the compound of Manaoag Church. The Rosary Garden was designed to provide the devotees with a quiet place to meditate on the Paschal Mysteries (Life, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ) , and develop an intimacy with God through the holy rosary. As you enter the Rosary Garden, you will come across the oval walkway with the Crucifix. This is where you will call to mind your personal intention(s) for your rosary. Then, you turn right to proceed with your rosary and follow the pathway to the life-size statues depicting the mysteries, until you reach the image of Our Lady of Manaoag and ask for her intercession.
You are supposed to give a minimum donation of P10 for maintenance of the place.
Address: Manaoag Church Compound
Directions: Just before the area for lighting candles
For photo enthusiasts who like taking shots of old church's architectural designs, I suggest that as a gesture of respect to the Liturgy, you time it AFTER the mass. Also, you will have less difficulty as there will be less people distracting your view.
Address: Manaoag Church
Our Lady of Manaoag
Faith or religious belief is a personal matter... Having said that, I would like to share that there is something mystical about the Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag which is a popular Catholic pilgrimage site. Famous for her powerful intercession and protection, Our Lady is known to "call" you at the appointed time. Whatever your state of health or circumstance, meditate on her face as you pray and she will communicate her personal message to you.
Address: Poblacion, Manaoag, Pangasinan
Directions: Across Manaoag Municipal Bldg.
More Reviews (8)
cyndymc's Related Pages
Manaoag Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Manaoag, The Blessed Town"
- "MANAOAG, PANGASINAN"
- "A Pilgrimage town in Pangasinan"
- "A MARIAN PILGRIMAGE SITE"
- "Feast of Our Lady Of Manaoag"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manaoag
- Hotels in Manaoag
- Restaurants in Manaoag
- Shopping in Manaoag
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ocean Park Hotels
- Dagenham Hotels
- Oahu Island Hotels
- Lake Carey Hotels
Badges & Stats in Manaoag
- 13 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Manaoag?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manaoag
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues