"Booming Mandaluyong" Top 5 Page for this destination Mandaluyong by cyndymc
Mandaluyong Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 340 photos
We used to live in Quezon City but in the late 1970?s, we transferred to Mandaluyong for convenience. Mandaluyong is located in the middle of Metro Manila. To its west is the City of Manila, to its north is San Juan, to its east is Quezon City and Pasig, and to its south is Makati City. During the time we lived there, Mandaluyong was not yet a city. The ?face? of the town was so different then, compared to the modern metropolis that you see now. There were fewer companies and tall buildings, no high-end hotels and modern establishments yet. Today, it is a highly developed urban city. Signs of progress are the increasing number of giant billboards, skyscrapers, residential condominiums, call centers, world-class hotels, restaurants, entertainment centers, and shopping malls.
The residential subdivisions of Mandaluyong are mostly in the northern part. The heavy industries are located in the southern area. The City?s business district is located within what is known as the EDSA-Shaw-Pioneer Quadrangle. Most of the commercial activities are in the east, but there are also commercial districts in the west. In fact, half of the Ortigas Center, specifically the western part, is still Mandaluyong territory. Ortigas is known as a pioneering commercial hub. Its business district continues to grow. EDSA Shangri-la Hotel, the headquarters of Asian Development Bank, and the main office of San Miguel Corporation, one of the country?s top corporations are found at the Mandaluyong side of Ortigas Center.
Since the time we transferred to our own home in Laguna in the 1980?s, and both hubby and I worked in Makati , we seldom go to Mandaluyong. Traffic is terrible even in major streets, and parking is often a problem. We do so only for social obligations like when we have to meet or dine with close relatives and friends, or shop for items not available in Makati or Bonifacio Global City....But every occasion we go to Mandaluyong, the time is well spent and the moments are cherished.
One thing I like about the Racks chain of restaurants is the service crew's fast, efficient service. From the time you... more travel advice
Like North Face and Columbia, Habagat also specializes in sporting goods. However, they have more outdoor sports... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Mandaluyong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "How can I describe Mandaluyong City?"
- "Booming Mandaluyong"
- "Shopping in Mandaluyong"
- "The Other Business District and Shopping Area"
- "The geographical center of Metro Manila"
- "Mandaluyong City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mandaluyong
- Hotels in Mandaluyong
- Nightlife in Mandaluyong
- Restaurants in Mandaluyong
- Shopping in Mandaluyong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mandaluyong
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Mandaluyong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mandaluyong
Photos in MandaluyongSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues