"Quaint Town of Morong" Morong by cyndymc
Morong Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 58 photos
The quaint town of Morong dates back to 1518. A resident priest was first assigned to the town in 1586. When a big fire razed the town and church in 1612, Chinese craftsmen soon constructed a new church,and it is said to be the same structure that stands today. It has survived natural calamities,as well as the ravages of rebellion during the time of the Spanish regime. St. James Church is considered one of the remnants of the colonial period's grandeur and spirit. No modern church can beat the beauty of its neo-Baroque design. The facade and belfry of the church were built between 1850-1853 by Paete's master craftsman,Bartolomo Patalino. The belfry was integrated into the 3-storey facade,thus giving the church a more beautiful design.
St. James' Church is home to the miraculous relic of St. James. It has become a favorite destination not only of... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Morong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quaint Town of Morong"
- "I'm Proud to be Moronguena!"
- "Morong Rizal"
- "Jumping in Morong!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morong
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Morong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morong
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues