"Small But Progressive Town of Morong" Morong by cyndymc
Morong Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 190 photos
Morong has been put on the tourist map by the beautiful beaches along its coastline.
The Pawikan Conservation Center in Morong is drawing tourists all year-round, but most especially during the season of hatchlings.
Morong is in the western part of the province of Bataan, bounded on the west by South China Sea, Bagac in the south, Abucay, Samal, and Orani in the east, Hermosa and Dinalupihan in the northwest and Zambales in the north.
It is approximately 50.48 kilometers from the capital town of Balanga and about 174 kilometers from Manila.
How Morong Got Its Name:
In the olden days, Morong was originally known as "Bayandati". It was part of Nagbalayong. Since there was little land to be cultivated, the people decided to transfer to other places with bigger and wider land to cultivate.
When the Spaniards came to the Philippines and arrived at the place, they saw many Moro thieves and traders who had also gone there, so they called the town *** (editor's censure; can't be printed, but the name was Morong without the "g"). The town is said to have been established by the Spanish Franciscan friars in 1578.
The town was later renamed MORONG by the former Congressman of Bataan Jose R. Nuguid in accordance of Republic Act No. 1249 which was approved by the National Assembly on June 10, 1955.
- Pros:Unpolluted Coastline
- Cons:Beach Resorts are far from the market so they have limited food stock
- In a nutshell:Unspoiled, Beautiful Ocean & Beaches
I was pleased to see so many improvements in the Pawikan Conservation Center in our recent visit. Aside from the new... more travel advice
While you're not in the mood to swim, perk up by playing beach volleyball. You can coordinate with the Front Desk for... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Morong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Morong, Bataan"
- "Morong.... beautiful beaches, mountain stretches."
- "Small But Progressive Town of Morong"
- "Gem of Bataan Province"
- "MOrong... sorrounded with waters!!!"
- "Morong Expedition"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morong
- Hotels in Morong
- Transportation in Morong
- Restaurants in Morong
- Shopping in Morong
- Warnings and Dangers in Morong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morong
- 18 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Morong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morong
Photos in MorongSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues