"Beautiful Town Of Nasugbu" Top 5 Page for this destination Nasugbu by cyndymc
Nasugbu Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 374 photos
Nasugbu is synonymous with beautiful coastline. People go to the beaches to bask in the pristine sea and witness beautiful seascapes. In was then President Ferdinand Marcos who recognized the potential of the white sand beaches as tourist destinations, so he issued Presidential Decree 1520 declaring some areas in Nasugbu as a potential tourism spots. This boosted the town's tourism industry, with focus on its beaches.
In a similar gesture, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo declared Nasugbu, already famous for its white sand beach resorts as a special tourism zone by virtue of Executive Order 647 on August 3, 2007. The EO mandated the tapping of the private sector and a group to oversee the development. The Nasugbu Special Tourism Zone covers areas included in the Nasugbu Tourism Development Plan prepared by the municipal government, as validated by the Philippine Tourism Authority (PTA).
SM Investments Corp. (SIC) has constructed the Hamilo Coast, a 59-square kilometer resort, at the NSTZ. Also in the property is Mt. Pico de Loro, a national park. A ferry service from the Manila Bay terminal of the SM Central Business Park in the Mall of Asia (MOA) to Hamilo Coast is also included in the plans.
Today, many prime beach properties have been converted to private residential beach resorts.
The municipality of Nasugbu is a 1st class municipality kms from Manila, only 102 kms. southwest of Manila. It is located in the western tip of the coastal areas of Batangas Province, bounded on the north by the towns of Maragondon, Magallanes and Alfonso of Cavite; on the east by the Batangas towns of Laurel, Calaca and Balayan; on the south by the Batangas towns of Lian and Tuy; and on the west by the South China Sea. With a land area of 276.33 square kilometers, it is the largest town in Western Batangas.
As you enter Nasugbu territory by the national highway, you will see lush greens in the fields planted with rice, sugar cane, corn, vegetables and bananas. You will see coconut groves on the rolling hills and mountains. Many mountaineers climb the mountains like Batulao and Pico de Loro.
Nasugbu is more than beaches. The town is now being sought for culinary trips. Our family often go for a food trip there and never miss to have their delicious "bulalo", ginataan and other local dishes.
I've been to Caleruega so many times. Barbie a.k.a. barbie_sunrise and Emkei a.k.a. missmarianne have also been to... more travel advice
Almost everytime we go to Caleruega, be it weekday or weekend, there is a wedding at the Chapel of Transfiguration. This... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Nasugbu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nasugbu, Batangas"
- "The Peaceful Land of Nasugbu"
- "Beautiful Town Of Nasugbu"
- "Canyon Cove, Nasugbu, Batangas"
- "Golden Sands 2 1/2 hour drive from Manila"
- "my hometown"
- "Fond memories of Batangas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nasugbu
- Hotels in Nasugbu
- Transportation in Nasugbu
- Nightlife in Nasugbu
- Restaurants in Nasugbu
- Shopping in Nasugbu
- Warnings and Dangers in Nasugbu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nasugbu
- 9 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Nasugbu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nasugbu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues