"Pagudpud: A Dream Destination" Pagudpud by cyndymc
Pagudpud Travel Guide: 422 reviews and 1,150 photos
Pagudpud is a coastal town on the northernmost tip of Luzon, more or less 2 hours drive from Laoag City. Pagudpud is bounded on the west and north sides by the South China Sea, and on the south it is bounded by the town of Bangui. On the east side, it is bordered by the Cordillera Mountain Range, the town of Adams and the Province of Cagayan.
Pagudpud is touted for its fine white sand beaches and pristine blue waters. After seeing it featured on TV, it had become my family’s long-time desire to go there and see for ourselves if Pagudpud was indeed worthy of its nickname “Boracay of the North”. Finally, we set foot on the beautiful coastal town for the first time in 2008. Indeed, Pagudpud looked like Boracay when it was not yet overdeveloped.
We were part of a group that toured Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur in 2008; we went to Pagudpud only for a day tour at Saud Beach. The burning sun was already up when we got there so I didn’t go swimming. I just strolled awhile along the white sand beach, shot some pictures, then lazed in our resort's cottage to enjoy the sea breeze.
In June 2011, I got lucky to have gotten the opportunity to return to Pagudpud for the second time. I joined hubby and his photo buddies in their photo shoot of landscapes and seascapes in Ilocos. This time, we went to the most sought place in Pagudpud, the Blue Lagoon in Maira-Ira Point before returning to Saud Beach where we were billeted in a beach resort.
While in Pagudpud in June 2011, we ate all of our meals at Emohruo Beach Restobar. The name is quite a tongue-twister... more travel advice
Our group was billeted at Rinnovati Beach Resort, a few steps to the beachfront. The facilities were austere but... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Pagudpud Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "weew! pagupud itetch..?!!"
- "Pagudpud - A World of It's Own"
- "Pagudpud: A Dream Destination"
- "Boracay Of The North"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pagudpud
- Hotels in Pagudpud
- Transportation in Pagudpud
- Nightlife in Pagudpud
- Restaurants in Pagudpud
- Shopping in Pagudpud
- Warnings and Dangers in Pagudpud
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pagudpud
- 11 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Pagudpud?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pagudpud
Photos in PagudpudSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (103)
Latest Pagudpud hotel reviews