"Pagudpud: A Dream Destination" Pagudpud by cyndymc

Pagudpud Travel Guide: 462 reviews and 1,289 photos

"Boracay of the North"

Pagudpud is a coastal town on the northernmost tip of Luzon, more or less 2 hours drive from Laoag City. Pagudpud is bounded on the west and north sides by the South China Sea, and on the south it is bounded by the town of Bangui. On the east side, it is bordered by the Cordillera Mountain Range, the town of Adams and the Province of Cagayan.

Pagudpud is touted for its fine white sand beaches and pristine blue waters. After seeing it featured on TV, it had become my family?s long-time desire to go there and see for ourselves if Pagudpud was indeed worthy of its nickname ?Boracay of the North?. Finally, we set foot on the beautiful coastal town for the first time in 2008. Indeed, Pagudpud looked like Boracay when it was not yet overdeveloped.

Enjoy Saud Beach

We were part of a group that toured Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur in 2008; we went to Pagudpud only for a day tour at Saud Beach. The burning sun was already up when we got there so I didn?t go swimming. I just strolled awhile along the white sand beach, shot some pictures, then lazed in our resort's cottage to enjoy the sea breeze.

Discover The Blue Lagoon

In June 2011, I got lucky to have gotten the opportunity to return to Pagudpud for the second time. I joined hubby and his photo buddies in their photo shoot of landscapes and seascapes in Ilocos. This time, we went to the most sought place in Pagudpud, the Blue Lagoon in Maira-Ira Point before returning to Saud Beach where we were billeted in a beach resort.

• Last visit to Pagudpud: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

“Leave a positive mark wherever you go”

Badges & Stats in Pagudpud

Have you been to Pagudpud?