"Sabang: Gateway To Underground River" Sabang by cyndymc
Sabang Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 130 photos
Sabang is a fishing village which is now better known as the gateway to the St. Paul Subterranean River. With the influx of tourists, the place has been transformed into a tourist destination.
Sabang is about 80 kms from Puerto Princesa City. The road trip is quite comfortable in a private airconditioned van. A long stretch of the road is cemented, though there are still patches of dirt road. On the road, you'll already see a glimpse of the beautiful views of Honda Bay. You'll be passing through many small villages along the virgin forests. Our trip was much better compared to how land travel was described in the previous blog reviews I read prior to our Palawan trip.
After about 1 1/2 hours of land travel (no stopovers), you'll reach Sabang Port. All tourists whether booked by tour agencies or on DIY tour must pass by the Sabang Registration Office to log in. While waiting in line, you can go through the photo exhibit about the subterranean park.
After our UGR Tour, our guide brought us to the territory of the monitor lizards. Known locally as "bayawak", the... more travel advice
Our guide said that during peak months, the queue to the UGR Tour is very long. Numerous boats bring in tourists almost... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Sabang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEW 7 NATURAL WONDERS OF THE WORLD"
- "Beaches & Caves"
- "Sabang, Palawan"
- "Quiet town best known for a river"
- "A stop-over to Underground River"
- "Where the river flows underneath the mountains"
- "the gateway to the famous subterranean river"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sabang
- Hotels in Sabang
- Transportation in Sabang
- Restaurants in Sabang
- Shopping in Sabang
- Warnings and Dangers in Sabang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sabang
- 15 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Sabang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sabang
- Posted in Travel Province of Laguna Forum "Re: commuting from Sta. Rosa to..."
- Wrote a Review Visit The Monito Lizards' Territory in Sabang Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit The Monito Lizards' Territory"
- updated a Sabang Travel Page "Sabang: Gateway To Underground River"
- Commented on one of judayandryan's Sabang travel pages
Photos in SabangSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues