"Angel-Blessed Town Of San Rafael" San Rafael by cyndymc
San Rafael Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 23 photos
I don't know much about San Rafael, Bulacan except that it was named after St. Rafael Archangel and is the town of many Resorts, so I had to refer to the official website of San Rafael, Bulacan. It cites the following information:
San Rafael is "located on the northern part of the Province of Bulacan...Its 16,525 hectare land area, which consists of flatlands on its southern part and gently sloping on its northern part, is mostly being cultivated for rice, corn and vegetable production...San Rafael was formerly a part of the Municipality of Baliwag before it was established as a municipality in 1750.During the Spanish Regime until the American Regime, most lands in San Rafael was part of the Hacienda Buenavista.
Since then, municipality has developed into a thriving community."
The official website of San Rafael Bulacan further states:
"Tourism in San Rafael has not shown much promise in the past years although there are a number of tourist sites in the municipality. It is now one of the thrusts of the local government and its tourism council to develop its tourism potential.
The tourist sites include the Spanish era San Rafael Church in the town proper, old houses built during the colonial rule and a two feet long footprint near a creek aptly named “Sapang Bakas” where old folks say that it’s the imprint of Bernardo Carpio from old folklores."
Personally, I have observed that local tourists learn about San Rafael in their search for Summer Resorts. The town now has quite a number of beautiful swimming pool resorts. One of the most popular is the 8 Waves Waterpark.
Written Apr 28, 2009
Welcome to 8 Waves Waterpark
Written Jul 22, 2009
Fun at 8 Waves Waterpark
cyndymc's Related Pages
San Rafael Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in San Rafael
- 1 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to San Rafael?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Rafael
Photos in San RafaelSee All Photos (20)
Videos in San RafaelSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues