"Pristine, Cool Silang" Silang by cyndymc
Silang Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 43 photos
Founded in 1571, Silang is one of the oldest towns of Cavite. Some of its centuries-old structures are still well-maintained, like its beautiful Nuestra Senora de Candelaria Church.
This quaint landlocked town located in the eastern part of Cavite is bounded on the south by General Trias, General Mariano Alvarez, and Dasmarinas; and on the west by Amadeo.
Silang has progressed into a first class municipality. Coming from Manila, it is only about 45 kms. travel, and is the town before Tagaytay City.
Silang is said to be Cavite's largest town. With more than 20,000 hectares of fertile soil and a cool climate, the town has become Manila's major source of fresh fruits (especially pineapples) and coffee. Its national highway (Aguinaldo Highway) is a tourist attraction by itself. Travelers often stop to view and take pictures of the pineapple and coffee plantations; buy fresh fruits at the roadside stands, stop at the beautiful gardens to buy ornamental plants, dishgardens & bonsai, pottery & other garden accents; inspect and buy unique furniture pieces made of giant roots and tree trunks for the garden and patio-bar; and buy attractively painted cogon grass drapes.
Because of the pristine,cool climate and fertile soil, Silang has been identified as the ideal place for healthy rural lfestyle. Urban dwellers often go to Silang's healthy lifestyle proponents like Gourmet Cafe and Ilog ni Maria Honey Bee Farm.
Inside Gourmet Refreshers is a Pasalubong Corner. Aside from the fresh organic vegetables, salad dressings and pasta... more travel advice
Just beside Sebastian & Princess where we bought some garden accessories, we discovered Grizelda's. They have a wide... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Silang Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Silang
- Hotels in Silang
- Restaurants in Silang
- Shopping in Silang
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Silang
- 12 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Silang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silang
Photos in SilangSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues