"We Keep Coming Back To Subic!" Top 5 Page for this destination Subic by cyndymc
Subic Travel Guide: 257 reviews and 884 photos
Oftentimes, when tourists hear "Subic", they think of Subic Bay Freeport Zone...Actually, SUBIC is a seaside town sandwiched between the mountain ranges of Zambales, Subic Bay and the South China Sea. It is located northwest of Bataan and southwest of Zambales. It is about 100 kilometers away from Manila.
Today, Subic is popularly known as the site of Subic Freeport Zone and Subic International Airport; also known as a beach town, site of tourists' favorite beaches like White Rock Beach and Camayan Beach; site of the Subic Lighthouse (the real lighthouse) and the Lighthouse Hotel in Moonbay Marina of Subic Freeport Zone); and now popularly known as no. 1 tourist destination for extreme sports and adventures, as it boasts of pristine beaches and interesting dive & snorkeling sites, virgin forests, wildlife conservatory (Zoobic), marine conservatory (Ocean Adventure) and other ecotourism destinations/adventures.
Subic Baywalk is a reclaimed area behind the rows of hotels and restaurants in Moonbay Marina along Waterfront Road. Much like the reclaimed area in Manila Baywalk, Subic Waterfront Baywalk is a favorite place of morning joggers, exercise buffs, photo hobbyists, and family members as well as lovers who simply want to stroll along the beach. It has an Events Area, the Baywalk Park, where TV stations and various corporations hold special shows and/or events.
For those who frequent Subic Bay Freeport Zone, you'll be missing a familiar sight: the wooden boardwalk at the park. The last time we went there, the boardwalk has been totally dismantled to make way for something new. The locals we talked to didn't know what exactly the plans are, but most probably, it will be an extension of the Baywalk Park in the reclaimed area at Moonbay Marina.
Subic is just about 2 1/2 hours drive from our home. So whenever we feel like nature-tripping, we hie to Subic and go to our favorite Camayan Beach, explore other areas we haven't been to and do things we haven't done, eat the food we've been craving for, walk the stretch of Subic Baywalk for exercise, watch the sunrise and sunset, search for new subjects for photography, or just take a snooze in our favorite hotel.
- Pros:Very beautiful beach & well-preserved virgin forest; much more hotel & dining options now:-)
- Cons:Irritating souvenir peddlers that tail you at the Baywalk:-(
- In a nutshell:At Subic, You Never Run Out Of Things To Do!
We often go to Camayan Beach Resort for swimming and picnic, but we always just get a native cottage and haven't had the... more travel advice
In our recent visit, we had time to patiently wait for the sunset. I was tired, but I didn't want to lose the... more travel advice
- Duty Free Shops
- Travel Light!
- See All Lenten Visita Iglesia & Stations of the...
- Use Your Private Vehicle
cyndymc's Related Pages
Subic Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " Treetop Adventure - I HAD A BLAST..........."
- "Subic Bay"
- "it started with one summer trip."
- "We Keep Coming Back To Subic!"
- "Take a break from stressful life in the city?!?"
- "Subic Escapade"
- "SUBIC ...Ultimate Activity Spot!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Subic
- Hotels in Subic
- Transportation in Subic
- Nightlife in Subic
- Restaurants in Subic
- Shopping in Subic
- Warnings and Dangers in Subic
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Subic
- 35 Reviews
- 140 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Subic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Subic
Photos in SubicSee All Photos (140)
Videos in SubicSee All Videos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues