"Taguig City: Moving Forward" Taguig by cyndymc
Taguig Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 355 photos
Taguig is a new city situated at the northwestern shore of Laguna de Bay at the upper mouth of the legendary Pasig River, also known as the Napindan Channel. Taguig joins Laguna Lake shoreline in a span of 7.5 kms from Napindan to Bagumbayan in the south. The city is bounded on the north by the towns of Pateros and Pasig City; on the east by Taytay and Laguna Lake; on the south by Laguna Lake and Muntinlupa City; and on the west by Paranaque City, Makati City and Pasay City.
Taguig City has evolved into a highly urbanized city evidenced by continous development of business districts, residential condominiums, educational and medical institutions.
Trivia: Makati City and Taguig City fought over the jurisdiction of Fort Bonifacio. A portion of the military base, including the Libingan Ng Mga Bayani and the Manila American Cemetery & Memorial were clearly within Taguig City. On the other hand, the northern portion occupied by the Global City was formerly considered part of Makati. However, a 2003 ruling by a judge in the Pasig Regional Trial Court upheld the jurisdiction of Taguig over the entirety of Fort Bonifacio, including the Bonifacio Global City.
With The Fort almost fully developed, Mckinley Hill has become the new place to watch. Nestled in a sprawling 50-hectare land in Fort Bonifacio, McKinley Hill is strategically located, making it easily accessible from Ayala Avenue, Makati City, the Manila International Airport, Quezon City, Alabang
Agave Mexican Cantina is a favorite watering hole for Yuppies who love margarita, but it has become a popular... more travel advice
R.O.X. (Recreational Outdoor eXchange) is said to be "the biggest outdoor sports and recreation hub in Southeast Asia".... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Taguig Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City of Taguig"
- "Fort Boni for Everybody"
- "A New Yet Progressive City"
- "Taguig City"
- "Taguig - The City of Tomorrow"
- "New Luxe Shopping and Dining in the Metropolis"
- "Taguig City: Moving Forward"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taguig
- Transportation in Taguig
- Nightlife in Taguig
- Restaurants in Taguig
- Shopping in Taguig
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taguig
- 19 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Taguig?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taguig
Photos in TaguigSee All Photos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues